dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: photo dodge effect

Hybrid View

photo dodge effect

Hi Everybody,

I know this isn't the shortest post on here but bear with me.

I have found an effect I like and am looking for a way to reproduce it and am looking for suggestions. The effect is the way the image comes in on:
    http://www.aussiebum.com.au/ (not the inflating underwear).

I can the effect using multiple photos with the "linear dodge" effect applied in photoshop, and then fading each image into the next... but the final file size is prohibitive.

I can do a fade in from white but this isn't a basic fade in. The rgb values get halved at every frame (or every time the code is applied).

For instance a pixel with the values R:24 G:12 B:52 will be R:12 G:6 B:26 then R:6 G:3 B:13, until the correct photo values are left.

So I thought if there was a way for Flash to take multiple instances of my image, overlay them, and just add the values; and then delete the instances one by one, I would have my effect.

I need to know how to tell flash to add the rgb values of all the instances; or an equivalent fix. I know this is a bit of a soft description, but I am doing my best. For those of you that have made it this far, I thank you.
    In skating over thin ice, our
    safety is in our speed.

The transform object is what you should be looking at. The 'overexposure' effect you wnat is similar to the one needed in this post:
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=739661
    www.ugonna-nwosu.com
    If at first you don't succeed... Try not to look suprised.

Awesome! thank you.
    In skating over thin ice, our
    safety is in our speed.