A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Want to beta test my new game?

Want to beta test my new game?

http://electricoyster.com/gamezone/fireballs/

All comments are welcome.

Thanks!

Student
    well I already gave you some,- but a real preloader would be nice too

Done well ... seems to work ... could use some fixing up graphically speaking ... also I wish it wasn't EXACTLY like Lumines ... but you did it well.

sinsro, very cool game. I think it works pretty good. Didn't play it too long as I got bored of it. Maybe you could add some more powerups?

Still really good job
    Post you game for free at Gamestack.org. We send the user straight to your website, no iFrames or other leeching methods.

Please check out Gamestack.org for more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Quit
    Done well ... seems to work ... could use some fixing up graphically speaking ... also I wish it wasn't EXACTLY like Lumines ... but you did it well.
    Thanks. About graphics, what exactly did you have in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by mickm
    sinsro, very cool game. I think it works pretty good. Didn't play it too long as I got bored of it. Maybe you could add some more powerups?

Still really good job
    Yes, I originally had some more powerups in mind, like bombs. Actually it is my first Flash program, so it is mostly just an exercise in Flash/AS3 programming, I did not want to spend too much time on polishing... But, its a good idea, I agree...

Perhaps less bright colors on black backgrounds . It looks very '80s life and oddly enough early '90s web (how did people ever think that looked good?). So work on some color combinations that are a little more pleasing to the eye. http://kuler.adobe.com is a great resource for picking out color combo's that work.

Also the title screen really needs something done to it. All the Times font is just killing me, just change it to anything else ... anything. Sept Comic Sans ...

Quote Originally Posted by Quit
    Perhaps less bright colors on black backgrounds . It looks very '80s life and oddly enough early '90s web (how did people ever think that looked good?). So work on some color combinations that are a little more pleasing to the eye. http://kuler.adobe.com is a great resource for picking out color combo's that work.

Also the title screen really needs something done to it. All the Times font is just killing me, just change it to anything else ... anything. Sept Comic Sans ...
    Hehe, it got that "programmers gfx" touch to it maybe...

I will look into the font, in fact I just used the default font, which is kind of lazy approach. Not too happy about black background myself, it is pretty retro as you said, but it makes the light effects stand out in a nice way, so I will let it rest for now...

Thanks for your input.

Elvis...who tha f**k is Elvis? phreax's Avatar
    I think you've done a good job! At first I didn't notice all the effects on the grid and the bg but I think it's a nice touch!

With just a little work I think you could make it look really good - you obviously know your way around the visuals, so you should give it a little love
    Streets Of Poker - Heads-Up Texas Hold'em Poker Game

Quote Originally Posted by phreax
    I think you've done a good job! At first I didn't notice all the effects on the grid and the bg but I think it's a nice touch!

With just a little work I think you could make it look really good - you obviously know your way around the visuals, so you should give it a little love
    Hehe, thanks. I am saving all my love for my next game though, this one was more as an exercise in Flash and for benchmarking purposes so I can see exactly what Flash can handle, where the bottlenecks are etc.

The game I am working on now is a pretty serious RTS game. One of the first real RTS games in Flash, according to what I know at least..? If anyone know about some existing Flash RTS games out there, other than those super-simple tower defence ones, please give me a pointer...