A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Please Help Asap....

Please Help Asap....

Hello I'm new here and in desperate need of help, I've got stuff to do for tomorrow in Flash but something has been bugging me for a long time now and I can't concentrate.

The actual workspace in flash (not the background, just to make sure nobody thinks that) is a horrible code of #E5E5E5 which really isn't easy for me on the eye when working with a white background.

How do I change it???? It may sound simple BUT, since I got CS3 I just can't figure it out and I'm not exactly a learner either, I've been using flash for a long time but my head is gone AWOL...........

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE will someone help me asap

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

In Flash 8, there is a color picker square in the Properties panel. Click it and pick a color. I don't know about CS3.

That's the colour picker for the background.

I'm trying to find out how to change the colour of the stage around it. You know, its the very light gray.

I don't remember ever hearing of a way to change the scratch area color before. Did you ask in the CS3 forum?

Student
    that´s only possible with Photoshop CS3 (shift + g + click on the background)- not possible in flash.

But that shouldn´t concern you since you dont see that color once you export the movie. Ctrl+u brings up some coding options where you set some colors but I dont know of any other options

if its really a problem, then you could just create a guide layer with a shape that is large enough to extend past the scratch area, and just create a cutout the size of your stage in the middle. Lock it, and put it on the bottom and make sure you make the layer a guide layer so it doesn't show in the final movie or affect the file size of your swf.
    moo