A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Using arrow keys to browse "blend modes" (...like in Windows)

FK's Junglist Zain

Using arrow keys to browse "blend modes" (...like in Windows)

does anyone how to browse through "blend modes" as well as "layer modes" in Photoshop using the up and down keys rather than having to select each mode with the mouse.

this is easily done in Windows version of Photoshop by default.

now, being able to do this on MAC would make designing much more time efficient.

thank you~
    Art isnt everything...
    Everything is ART!

-_-
    I tried it with PS CS3 on my Mac, and there is no way to select the combo box with tab, or by using the mouse. Its just a small difference in the way the OS is designed. Never noticed it though. You might want to check out system preferences just to make sure. There might be a way to change it.

FK's Junglist Zain
    Quote Originally Posted by Adobemedia
    I tried it with PS CS3 on my Mac, and there is no way to select the combo box with tab, or by using the mouse. Its just a small difference in the way the OS is designed. Never noticed it though. You might want to check out system preferences just to make sure. There might be a way to change it.

some of my biggest annoyances with mac are things i can do "so easily" on windows. and i dont dig windows that much!

if anyone figures out how to browse through the blendmodes (in layer effects)--do share!!

Art isnt everything...
    Everything is ART!

Student
    isn´t the same for the font list- I do that in almost any application to browse through the fonts for my text - selection.
    In many Mac applications I have to re position the mouse cursor to the drop list and selec the next one.
    The same can be done in windows in all adobe applications by selecting 1 item of the dropdown menu and then scroll with the scroll wheel to pick the next item.

Another stupid thingy is that on the mac in many applications the home & end equivalent keys dont work for text selections like when you want to jump to the end of a string (browser adress for example) or combine it with shift to select it.

in the end imo. mac relies more on the mouse devise- every mac user would be doomed if the mouse hardware would be defect or not working propper.

-_-
    I agree man. I hate Windows, but it has some stuff!

System Preferences, Keyboard & Mouse, Keyboard Shortcuts. Select "All Controls". May or may not work depending on if adobe is using standard windows/controls or not.

To move from start to end of line, use command-arrow key, to move from word to word use option-arrow key. Hold down shift to select while doing this. This is standard behaviour for all Cocoa text fields unless modified by the developer.
    Sam

Try shift and minus key. It scrolls through the list in the same way the arrows in windows do.