dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are you guys working on now? *redux*

What are you guys working on now? *redux*

Thought it's been a while since we had this thread. It's great to catch up on what you folks are up to, reminds me a bit of the fun of watching gallery section of HartBeat (only Brits will know what I'm talking about).

So, here's what I've got in the pipeline. If anyone's been to my blog recently they they've seen this already:-

2d Beat-em-Up Engine

Keys:
    Arrow Keys - Double tap Run
    W - combo
    Q - jump
    D - charge attack (2 levels)

Grappling:
    Q - close attack
    Q+Direction - throw

Yeah yeah, I know Blanka turns into Axel and the weird sfx and the rest. It's all placeholder beta stage at the mo, I'm just using graphics from other games just for reference. You'll be happy to know I've taken 30 or so of your names and used them as the enemy names. Apologies if you're not up there.

Some pretty talented artist and I have been in discussion about making a game together using the engine but it's still all in the flaky stage so we'll see. If the dude bails then I'll probably go ahead and make some naff ghosts of Capcom's past using ripped sprites from old favourites, stick some MochiAds on and hope for the best nobody sues me.

Sirius

Inspired by the old C64 hit Nexus.

Keys
    Arrow keys; up is search and enter door
    D - operate elevator button

-this is my first attempt at an adventure game. The scope of this one is rather large so I can't say it'll ever get done or not, but it's a fun pastime game to make. Just like a grand scale painting that is coming together piece by piece. At the moment you can:
    -explore around levels 1-5
    -enter rooms
    -use the elevator
    -search rooms for objects

*known bugs*
    You can enter every room but some are non-existant as of yet. Tiles are in odd places at times. ImageShack resolution is wrong for the game (600x200) so ignore the brown bars.

They'll be guns and enemies at a later stage, but the games empasis will be more on avoiding conflict by being sneaky rather than full on attacks which will more likely result in you getting killed.
    That's me done. I've a few more demos in the works but nothing worth bragging about (yet).

crossconscious
    Well, I made an arkanoid clone this week for a client. Have a few games of my own in the pipeline, but I never find the time to finish them

Always Twirling Toward Freedom pooon's Avatar
    I'm working on returning to flash....

Its been a few years since I've even opened the program, let alone use it for a purpose. Its hard to jump back into it. Its like going to the gym again after a long break. You know you should but you gotta drum up that will power.

oh and EvilKris, cool engines. The fighting one seems to be coming along well. The controls are solid. Plus any game that transforms into streets of rage 2 earns brownie points in my book. The adventure was was interesting as well. Kind've gave me an "Out of the World/Another World" vibe for some reason. Little odd though the way it scrolls when I go from an indoor room back to the outside.
    Last edited by pooon; 08-24-2007 at 04:00 AM.

Student
    - started learning Blender (opensource 3d software) yesterday (awesome ambient occlusion baking tools for textures), and nice node editor.

- tank move and writing psychology article about it (shape, colors, gameplay,...) (that´s the actual homework)

- universal XML editor that lets noob construct on a visual level xml files. it even lists arrays or sequences as tables, and detects automaticly image url strings, hex color strings an lots of other stuff.

No screenies from me I'm afraid.

- Phantom Mansion. A port of a mobile game to Flash. Cool little arcade puzzle game, lots and lots of levels, and if anyone's read the blog entry you'll know the pain I'm going through

- Fuel Factor-y. A quick bit of code for marmotte. Again another puzzle game. Pretty good to play, and [m]'s done a stunning job on the visuals. Also my first ever iso game.

- Geometry Wars clone. Hoping to start next week. A personal project ( Although it's already been sold, which is sweet ) and my first as3 game. Panting to start on this.

Also in a week or so I start on a sequel to the Greenlight game I did for skive, and then before the end of Sept I finally get to do a platform game

So mental busy, seems to have been that way for a year now.

Squize.

i can't post screenies either, but here's my list:

dark is rising mini games. 6 minGames for the dark is rising movie. Basically the client wanted games exactly like some fantastic 4 miniGames created by Fox (I think), the "big" thing is you can embed them on your myspace, yah. Not the best work I've ever done, deadline was tight and the direction was all over the place. This will be an ongoing project until all are done. 2 currently.

interesting story that one. To keep it breif original plan was to create a small dungeon RPG starting main character, goal was to figure out puzzles within rooms and collect 6 power signs (from movie). I created a tilebased editor, 60 - 70% of the game code complete, sourced sounds/music. Design guys created 6 full blown tile sets, world was mapped out onto paper, 6 zones, 10 rooms per zone, blah blah blah. And in one phone call it was canned. Apparently the creative director over there was away and came back and didn't agree with the direction. Oh and the deadline didn't change.

aaanyway..

National Geographic cave game. This is next up, basically you're Zipper the dog, (if anyone played tree top trouble, you'll know what I'm talking about) anyway, this dog wonders around a cave discovering facts about dinosaurs whilst avoiding traps and enemies. Kinda like Indiana Jones style, only a dog and tilebased

Virgin Comic games http://www.virgincomics.com/ (check out the digital comics section), I'm doing games for Devi and Ramayan. Really excited about this one. They're not going to be massive games, just small ones, but The artwork will be supplied and we can do pretty much anything.

and finally, in the distant future, there has been some talk of a street fighter game, can't remember the client, but it should be interesting.

so personal projects don't really fit in. But I always try.

EDIT - Squize, so thats why marmotte hasn't been around here
    Last edited by mr_malee; 08-24-2007 at 09:39 AM.
    lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade

Game Player - Developer scheletro's Avatar
    I have too much work

Installing a chat and a forum in my ghosts portal
    For clients Im making and interactive map of the EU, upgrading some prices for a cars selling page

About games I keep making the AI on this game

http://www.ryp.com.mx/games/nbl.html

I hope to have it in these couple of months

Also in 2 engines of new games for different clients

And also im starting a game with a little bear, is a clone of one of the mini games of Rayman Raving Rabbids, I just love that mini game

"I love to make them as I love to play them"

I'm working on this which is shaping up to be a beautiful game, but I think I've bitten off more than I can chew.

I've been working on it for months now and I haven't really even come up with a story I like very much.

So, I took a short little break to work on this, which has been pretty fun and I'm almost done I think. By the way, it's multiplayer for the wii, so don't expect single player to work at all. (the win condition are also not done yet)

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar
    No games...working on some e-learning for a pharmaceutical company...WOOHOO!!!
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

Developer
    Im working on a shooter in AS3 (no name for it yet). I hope to be able to show a technical demo at the beginning of next month. At the moment Im still working on the level editor for it.

Hell... with frequent access to heaven ;)
    I just finished a simple WebCam game for a musem exhibit And now Im working on an adventure game engine (80% done) and a small childrens game with 3d perspective
    (Next week I need to decide between Java or AS 3.0 for a linux project, I wish I was kidding)

RenderHJS: Ive been working in blender for a while, glad to hear you are working on it too. I think is going to suit your needs just fine.

ICE HOCKEY

TETRIS

This was just a reskin of the graphics for a non-flash game. Only took 2 1/2 days. I'm quite happy with the short time frame. Bit of a pinata theme.
    Graphics Attract, Motion Engages, Gameplay Addicts
    XP Pro | P4 2.8Ghz | 2Gb | 80Gb,40Gb | 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

I'm working on a lot of stuff for my space game at the moment. (thread link: http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=740100)

I have been making really cool explosion effects for the game. I thought it was necessary. I have also made AI bots that come out of spawn points randomly, they come out a lot fewer times then the stupid basic vertical flying ships, but they are tougher and smarter. There will also be pattern enemies(they fly in specific patterns and shoot many places of the screen). I'm also trying to get my ax whip secondary weapon to work in the game, when you get a pickup, I've already completed the menu to. The next release of my game should be a really good one, if everyone is patient.

I'm working hard, but at least I'm getting stuff done. haha

Always Twirling Toward Freedom pooon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlinkOk
    TETRIS
    Looks an awful lot like columns to me.

No, it looks like Twin Trix to me! hahaah

Um this is what I'm working on (but it's not Flash!!)

nice, Director perhaps?
    lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade

Student
    DieRector
    btw. anyone ever played with adobe atmosphere (back when eveyone thought 3d would rule the web)?

anyway my guess is virtools with firefox extension
    looks nice

@BlinkOk: little bleach textures for the hocky game- my suggestion: make it more blue with white the ice that way it looks colder. Ice shows excelent relfections tinted towards light blue with scratches in the glossines map. right now it looks yet like a grey carpet

@scheletro nice controls,- feels good. custom sprites?

@EvilKris: and I already thought you otaku created that screenshot pixel art. Still very fast the demo movement speed

Render- your stuff is so consistently good I sometimes forget to tell you so. Loving that tank game. It'll be great to see you actually finish and game and perhaps get the recognition you deserve at last.
    Ray Beez- that Rise & Ruin game looks jawdroppingly good. I checked out your website and you've some great sales ideas there.
    BlinkOK- gotta go with Renderjhs there pal, ice should have reflections.
    Mr.Malee- care to swap lives? I'd give my little pinkie to work flash for movie sites, you lucky dog.
    Scheletro- great graphics but I think you should add some real physics on the ball. Good controls.
    Cheers guys, great seeing what you're up to.

sigh.
    Every time I see one of these threads I cry a little and get a little more bitter and jealous of all you guys doing this full time (and for being so talented). I'm still working on the tower defense game I posted here a couple months ago. Unfortunately due to a combination of full time employment making dull corporate microsites and actually having a life* it's been slow going, and I'm only now getting close to finishing it.
    Other than that I've been tinkering with some engines for a roguelike I'd like to do and for my potential entry to the 'geometry wars clone club'.

*This may actually be untrue.

happinessSam: Thats ok man, it happens. I don't get time to work on my space game project that often, but I still try and get stuff done. Life gets in the way, but you can still make time here and there. You'll get it done, don't worry.