A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are you guys working on now? *redux*

those are for fun.

Can't show you client games being worked on, but should be done in a week.

...dishing dimes on an .fla! pointguard's Avatar
    Working on my free kick challenge game
    http://www.freekickchallenge.flashwizardry.com
    still stuck on the 'goal scoring' function / check, and getting it checked in 3d space.

I'm starting work on an Incredible Machine style game. Basically going to be my first fully functional game (I had a pretty decent Mario one going, but got annoyed by it and canned it). My main focus for this game is realism in physics.

Patron Saint of Beatings WilloughbyJackson's Avatar
    Some client stuff I can't post...

Yet..

Hopefully, I will get something done in AS3 before my first child is born, but it's looking less and less likely.

Currently addicted to Persona 3 for PS2...

Cool stuff guys.
    Here's mine:

It's a Zendo-like logic puzzle. I'm just starting so it won't be ready for quite a while.

I'm also working on adding some more options to my Game Builder

Big fan of your stuff cadin..

Well,this is the product of my free time,hope one day it will be done, i know its slow but is just an engine,the game will not have all of those missiles...anyway, what do you guys think, are the cities too small?Can you notice they are cities?Im afraid to cut two of them if need to make them bigger

Working on the bastard lovechild of:
    RoboRally + Puzzle Pirates Ship Combat + Games Workshop Man o' War + Pirates of the Spanish main

The Man o' War stuff (multiple ship types and races) might end up being pushed back to a future expansion. I hope to launch with 3-4 different shiptypes.

The core gameplay is a blend of roborally and the puzzle pirate shipgame, with the objectives being along the lines of pirates of the spanish main. Plus some additional gameplay elements with how carrying treasure affects the ship (you can store some movement cards in your hand, but treasure counts as a card towards your max hand size). The more valuable treasure will also adversely affect your ship (cursed) while other treasure can be used up in an emergency to do a special effect like a movement card or a weapon card.

I have ZERO artistic talent and I am colorblind, so my wife will be doing all the artwork. High contrast colors, cartoon style. The characters will come from my wifes comics (www.thebrasse.com). Most likely the three main characters will have a ship. Dwarf (stronger), Elf (speed advantage), Troll (more damaging, possibly more random). The hardest to balance will be the Elf. I have the perfect way to make it faster in sprints but not faster over the course of the game, but it involves a change to the GUI for just that one ship which I am not very fond of. Hoping I can think of an easy cheat before I get that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Cimmerian
    Well,this is the product of my free time,hope one day it will be done, i know its slow but is just an engine,the game will not have all of those missiles...anyway, what do you guys think, are the cities too small?Can you notice they are cities?Im afraid to cut two of them if need to make them bigger
    Not sure if it is reproducable or not, but I was moving my ship around, and I put a bunch of 'mines?' down really low, almost on top of a city. The mines would not blow up, the game lost a lot of fps suddenly, and since the mines would not blow up I was no longer able to lay any more.

Not sure if that was a known bug yet. I assume it will be like a missile command style game?

Not sure if it is reproducable or not, but I was moving my ship around, and I put a bunch of 'mines?' down really low, almost on top of a city. The mines would not blow up, the game lost a lot of fps suddenly, and since the mines would not blow up I was no longer able to lay any more.

Not sure if that was a known bug yet. I assume it will be like a missile command style game?
    yes...the red stuff should be like a target where the bombs will explode, wich is suposed to kill the missiles and protect the cities
    Now i see,that is a bug... if you target too down there will be no bomb but will be a target...thanks for show me
    Last edited by Cimmerian; 08-28-2007 at 03:34 PM.

This is just a quick screenshot of a Bejeweled type game I am working on. The plans are for a single player and multiplayer version.

Appologies for not posting a screenshot

I'm just being lazy

but I have nearly finished the next episode of my game Thorenzitha with various improvements to the engine.

DieRector
    LOL

btw. anyone ever played with adobe atmosphere
    Yup. You may remember me from the Adobe Atmosphere forums. That's how long Thorenzitha has been going. I was following the betas for a while. Render, what name were you under in the Atmosphere forums?
    May 2009 - Working on Thorenzitha RPG - episode 7

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by programicks
    Yup. You may remember me from the Adobe Atmosphere forums. That's how long Thorenzitha has been going. I was following the betas for a while. Render, what name were you under in the Atmosphere forums?
    na never really played with it seriously- just some piece of plugin/ software I remember from the good old days.
    I wonder how much is possible by now with Acrobat 3d and JS

I'm working on ElectroServer 4 like mad. Also on a series of games for a VH1 TV show.

2KHeroes / Sylvaniah designer luxregina's Avatar
    Well ...to this point, I've covered so much what was in the making in other topics, that I give you a random picure : http://laughingsquid.com/wp-content/...rdi_salmon.jpg

yeah, it's a salmon !

When you know are. Son of Bryce's Avatar
    Since render linked to a million page post on his 3d forum, I figured I could try bumping this one and we can keep updating.

In December I quickly put together this game for the MochiAds contest.

Sammy Samurai: Runner
    Play it at www.sammysamurai.com

It came out pretty good for a couple weeks of work but there was no way it was beating out the games that were in development for who knows how long. I was glad that the contest motivated me to get something out fast and familiarize myself with the Mochi API.

I did all the art and programming for the game, a friend did the sound. Actionscript 3 all the way. I've got something like 11 layers of parallax in there with that engine and there's a day/night transition about halfway through.

This game is intended to be an intro to a larger game. It'll come eventually.

Well right now I am researching engines to find what I want to use, which is increadibly hard for me because I do not know flash yet. I know what I want to do, I have the artwork ready to go, and I have been working on the php part of the game. I cant find any good tutorials on what I want to do. I have seen everything from 3d to multiplayer to isometric tutorials, but all I want is a basic strategy game to start lol.

post the art work maltech dude...post the art work
    Graphics Attract, Motion Engages, Gameplay Addicts
    XP Pro | P4 2.8Ghz | 2Gb | 80Gb,40Gb | 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

Nothing that fancy really

Its really nothing that fancy, just the textures and sprites are ready to go, now I gotta learn how to code lol. I basically just used things that I liked from games in the past, drew them up and have them waiting for me to get my brain wrapped around yet another language....

Here is an example of the knight

also here is a heavy cavalry
    Last edited by maltech; 07-11-2009 at 10:08 PM.

maltech: nice work
    son of bryce: that does look like one sweet game sob.awesome style!
    Graphics Attract, Motion Engages, Gameplay Addicts
    XP Pro | P4 2.8Ghz | 2Gb | 80Gb,40Gb | 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro