dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are you guys working on now? *redux*

Quote Originally Posted by maltech View Post
    Its really nothing that fancy, just the textures and sprites are ready to go, now I gotta learn how to code lol. I basically just used things that I liked from games in the past, drew them up and have them waiting for me to get my brain wrapped around yet another language....

Here is an example of the knight

also here is a heavy cavalry
    I'm not sure you can use those if you plan to sell the game since they're ripped straight from UO. (best game evar)

@S.O.B Nice game! I envy your artistic skills
    Last edited by Draxus; 07-11-2009 at 10:00 PM.

Talk about *******

1 the game wont be for sale

2 i have the hand drawings of these that I did. Just because something looks similar do not assume it is ripped.

OK well the game I mentioned earlier on the thread has now gone on to near completion so here's an 'tour demo' (and what that means is explained in the game summary)

Couple of screenies-

Bloody links to the pics not working. Never mind there are shots on my blog if you're interested.

I, unfortunately, haven't been fooling around so much with anything since summer started and my new family moved in
    I've never had any little siblings before, and now I got 3 of em running around

Also, I'm supposed to be preparing for college...

However, I finally pulled myself together to see if I could make any recognizable physics system using only what math I've learned so far

I am proud to say "success" =)
    It feels real good to make somin without the assistance of tried professionals (you guys)
    Although I still owe a lot to you fellows for getting me interested at all

If I weren't so lazy still, I'd probably throw my entire character into the world, but at the moment, I just checked to see if his leg would flop around realistically

It does to my surprise, and after some debugging, it fails to fly through walls or ceilings or curves, etc. even at tremendous speeds

I've got a lot of things left to do before it is nice and presentable though

1. Throw ragdoll guy in (yes, his big bulbous head should bounce nice and correctly too)
    2. Reinstall Photoshop, etc. (my computer got wiped AGAIN -.-)
    3. Create a nice level design complete with imagry (not really any extra coding, but will easily make it look x100 times better)
    4. Make guys look like they're purposely moving around, instead of being like most ragdolls and getting flung around (is trickiest part on list)
    5. Allow dismemberment of ragdolls (might be tricky, dunno, shouldn't be)
    6. Supply self with arsenal of weaponry (fun)

Just because I'm lazy and don't get anything done, doesn't mean I can't do all this
    It is all reasonable o-o

Nice screenshots and good luck with your games all

I'm still working on the same game as 1.5 years ago.. Bombwar is a multiplayer online game that started in actionscript 2 which was way to slow with about 5000 tiles.

Now its all written in actionscript 3, iv made both a gui library and render library (Im going to release the librarys as opensource when the game is finished, at least the rendering library)

I will be releasing the first alpha version in the next few weeks for some game balance, and the first game keys (for getting a new user) will be released here at flashkit. I need to test both the balance and optimizing of the game, the world map has 20.000 places to build your city, and each city is 50x100 tiles. Its important that the server checks all incoming data to prevent any cheating which takes some servercpu. So i hope to get about 400 user to start of with and increase it in steps to about 10.000/server.

You can see some screenshots/movies at my blog thats in my signature, a lot have change the last 2 month though and I havent had time to update the blog, so the released game will look a bit differnet.

Try out my game http://alpha.bombwar.com - Alphakey: fkaplha

Hey that looks like tons of fun, I cant wait to see how it goes! bookmark +1

as i was saying before, don't post your w.i.p's on FK if you expect feedback, constructive or not.