dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 3dfa 5?

3dfa 5?

I just want to ask if the work on 3DFA 5.0 has already begun,
    or if you just work on 4.9.6.6 or on 4.9.6.7 or so.

I heard you are working on
    a more advanced animation system that allows more than one timeline per movie.
    Did that comes with 3DFA 5.0 or before?

Greets LewxX
    sorry for my bad school English
    btw. visit my Page: projects.lewxx.de
    or lewxx.de (<= German)

As you know, 3DFA is gradually being upgraded to take full advantage of the Flash 9 Actionscript 3 format.

The new Flash format is a huge step ahead of all the old Flash formats. The new language is a professional quality language on a par with Java and C#. By comparison, the old Flash 8 AS2 format was relatively useless.

There are currently no products that take full advantage of the new format. Even Flex and Flash have a long way to go before they properly harness the new format's potential.

Over the next few months, 3DFA is likely to become one of the first products that does offer a comprehensive and yet easy to use interface to the new format. Only after this transformation is complete will the name be changed to version 5.

There will be a new version released this week. New features include programmable classes and the AS3 XML implementation. The new animation system, which is based on programmable classes, should be available by the end of the month.
    Last edited by kusco; 09-03-2007 at 08:42 PM.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

I'm very happy to see the progress that 3DFA is making. What a strong tool with tremendous potential., and becoming a strong contender in the market.

Once the program has made its full upgrade, to match the new version of Actionscript, it would be nice to see more public attention in the magazines and advertisment.
    PW Ihms

The next version will be ready in another few days.

There are some major improvements to the scripting, including classes and global variables, and much more reliability and uniformity between export formats.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)