A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Brushes

Brushes

Sorry for my english, hello all.

Someone know how can cut a brush? (a rounded rectangle for example for add a middle rectangle in that end, the result 2 corners roundeds and 2 corners not roundeds)...

o better use a graphics program and add a bitmap?

thx for all

Just draw filled shape with lines/curves ... it should do the job?

Quote Originally Posted by Finjogi
    Just draw filled shape with lines/curves ... it should do the job?
    Not exactly....
    with this sollution i can "cover" the previous shape but cannot reduce his area.

But many thanks for reply

The current version of 3DFA does not allow vector shapes to cut other shapes. If you need a more powerful vector paint tool, use Inkscape, and import the artwork into 3DFA using the SVG vector file format.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

Quote Originally Posted by kusco
    The current version of 3DFA does not allow vector shapes to cut other shapes. If you need a more powerful vector paint tool, use Inkscape, and import the artwork into 3DFA using the SVG vector file format.
    Thx Kusko, I have "solved" my problem for the moment.

I make the contour of my desired brush overlaping many brushes. After, i create another brush and with the line tool and the arc tool (very powerful) i draw the contour of the definitive brush over the others. After this, i use the command for close and fill the brush and erase the rest of the other brushes. Done, i have my desired brush.

Inkscape is a good tool but i think 3DFA can work alone. I purchased it after testing this tool only one day. I will promote this tool.

I think one future version can allow cut, join, intersect and merge brushes (with the properties of the first or last brush in the order "line, fill, 3D")....

Sorry for my english, i never have learned it