A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Where to go for cheap game design?

Where to go for cheap game design?

Hi
    I am wondering if anybody has some advice about where to turn if you need to have a flash game designed cheaply? I have little technical knowledge myself and have honestly never had many things done for me before. But I need a small flash game as advertising.

I imagine it should include one main character moving around in a labyrinth from one safe corner to another. Four other animated characters should be chasing the main character. Energy should be taped whenever the main character is caught by one of the other characters. There should be some safe spots where energy can be reloaded. There should be an introduction to the game through a few screens with animated text.

Does anyone have a rough ballpark estimate how much something like this costs? And does anybody have recommendations for who to contact to get it done cheaply and professionally?

I hope somebody can help? :-) Thanks a lot

kind regards,
    Rasmus (Denmark)

sure.

we can do it.

can you give me more details & how can we contact about this ?

thanks,
    Good Luck With Your Project !

Student
    cheaply != professionally

@tharshan: this isn´t the right place to use marketing slang,- you are most likely just one person tryint to act important

guys please discuss this in the freelance section this place isn´t meant for that

ok.

Quote Originally Posted by renderhjs
    cheaply != professionally

@tharshan: this isn´t the right place to use marketing slang,- you are most likely just one person tryint to act important

guys please discuss this in the freelance section this place isn´t meant for that

ok..

i just answered his question. becasue he/she even dont know where to contact someone.

Thanks.

Knows where you live
    If you are getting it cheap, you probably aren't going to like it.
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
    - Walter Bagehot
    The height of cleverness is to be able to conceal it.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Yes, but he does not even know the definition of cheap. The suggestion to go to the freelance forums is certainly the correct one. Hopefully they are able to discuss generic dollars there so this guy can get an idea of how much your average decent game costs.

Unfortunately, "you get what you pay for" is one of those sayings that is so often untrue. It usually only applies when you spent too little. Spending a lot certainly does not guaruntee happiness in the end product.

Good luck with the project. You seem to at least have a decent idea of what kind of game you want. That should help.

Quote Originally Posted by tharshan
    ok..

i just answered his question. becasue he/she even dont know where to contact someone.

Thanks.
    He was bagging on you for saying "we" instead of "I".... which I think is really inapprorpiate Render. You don't know if he has a team, colleagues or connections to get multiple people on a project.