A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [F8] hello have a question would love your help on it

[F8] hello have a question would love your help on it

Hello everyone,

I want to ask everyone in the community if this game http://www.xfire.com/cms/xf_flyff/ was made totally with flash and if not with what?

if only selective parts were made in flash then what were they also the 3d with what?? 3d max?? without much details which software was used to making this game.

thank you for everyone who responds.

AKA.NUKE

Flyff is not made with Flash. What makes you think it has anything to do with Flash?

Now tell me whos watchin...... samvillian's Avatar
    tony... i make one of those in flash everyday.... its nothing..........

no but seriously, flash isnt capable of things like that now, and i hope never.... imagine loading that into your browser....

Pumpkin Carving 2008 ImprisonedPride's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by samvillian
    tony... i make one of those in flash everyday.... its nothing..........

no but seriously, flash isnt capable of things like that now, and i hope never.... imagine loading that into your browser....
    The launch file for Guild Wars is a flat 90k. Nothing.

EDIT: Woot #1200!
    The 'Boose':
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 TUF
    Intel Core i7-2600K Quad-Core Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz Overclocked to 4.2GHz
    8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3
    ASUS ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 1GDDR5 (Overclocked to 1.1GHz)
    New addition: OCZ Vertex 240GB SATA III SSD
    WEI Score: 7.6

i made a search for flash games and that came up.....that is why i asked. Also wit a.script knowledge is one able to do such a game...as one told me limited by imagination...??

thank you again

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by nuchri
    i made a search for flash games and that came up.....that is why i asked. Also wit a.script knowledge is one able to do such a game...as one told me limited by imagination...??

thank you again
    someone with such an understanding propably never. It takes a team of artists, different coders and whater to produce something at such a scale. You have to think smal and creative for flash stuff

hmm smart*** ;" someone with such an understanding propably never..." said by renderhjs.

i want constructive opinions not like yours... i work with programmers who do python java blablahblah and they showed me things done in actionscript flash with flex..3d games..

they say it is possible so i ask the community of any games they know of if its true..dont want comments like yours... honest and direct response i can take...

YES it does take a team but also doable solo with lot of time and patience and wisdom....

so anyone?????

THANK YOU

AKA.NUKE

Student
    well we get similar threads by teenages usually around 14 or 15 years wanting to build some Word of Warcraft clone or n64 game.

I wonder how people like you get the impression that the examples you posted are even possible in flash. Those visuals require a graphic accelerator in able to even manage the texture and poly count. Flash is mostly software based hence the wide range of supported platforms.

there are other plugins that support 3d stuff with the look of aged 3d games. For example Virtools, Quest or Shockwave - but the plugin popularity is almost zero.

thank you for a response and no; i aint tryin to be silly by askin such questions. Yes i know some kids with imagination may ask such questions but only reason i ask is because i work with programmers and....

I will need to read more on it i guss did you ever hear of Oberon Media, Inc. supposedly all their games are flash based

Also the programmers told me that actionscripting will allow it eventhough its still in the baby stages of its development in comparison to java or...

As i said i am new to this but i do have a certain level understanding.. You say impossible and yet others say possible,...

see why i persist and ask...i aint neglecting your words of wisom but ...i guess will need research it.

Thank you again for responding

AKA.NUKE

Oberon Media is a publisher, they don't make the games themself. Also not all of their games are flash some are done with java and whatever not (especially the 3d games). And some are flash games wrapped with direct x support.
    Why do I know so? I got all their papers on how to publish the stuff ect. and am actually preparing a game for them.

BUT renderhjs is right in everything he said! Live with it....

Quote Originally Posted by nuchri
    I will need to read more on it i guss did you ever hear of Oberon Media, Inc. supposedly all their games are flash based
    I do stuff that does stuff...

J-Force

i can live with it ...never said he was wrong.... but thanx

If you really believe hard enough, all of your wildest dreams will come true, and the next version of flash will support that with no computer lag at all and you won't even have to draw it, just put on a special hat that will automatically draw and program it with your brain and it will feed you jelly doughnuts all day if you want and you will never have any computer lagg and...
    America!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Capwn
    If you really believe hard enough, all of your wildest dreams will come true, and the next version of flash will support that with no computer lag at all and you won't even have to draw it, just put on a special hat that will automatically draw and program it with your brain and it will feed you jelly doughnuts all day if you want and you will never have any computer lagg and...
    well yeah, but will it have computer lag?

Nice to see new members of the board being flamed for no reason, good work guys, both welcoming and productive.

If his post offends you that much, why not either ignore it, or try pointing him in the right direction ?

Squize.

well because they are all ass****... i guess i can get the opinion and direction with talented programmers where i work at. i thought i can come to a forum where i think people can respond wisely or with some intelligence... well great to see the smart*sses make it home here.

Plenty of informative sites on the net ...Wont stop me from learning and probably be better then some of you &)& . i've mastered 3dmax when many told me wasnt possible to do what i wanted ...

I want to and will learn flash and thought this site can help but ..WRONG!!!!!!!!!

thats why...... ******* is a bad word no no no....

Pumpkin Carving 2008 ImprisonedPride's Avatar
    Well I'm sorry you feel this site won't help you... check out the Games of the Week thread stickied at the top of this forum. Most of those were either inspired or help achieve greatness by many of the fine brains here at FK games.

PS: You'll not escape ignorance on the internet, so you might as well get comfortable with the fact and settle down someplace nice. (Might I suggest here?)
    The 'Boose':
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 TUF
    Intel Core i7-2600K Quad-Core Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz Overclocked to 4.2GHz
    8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3
    ASUS ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 1GDDR5 (Overclocked to 1.1GHz)
    New addition: OCZ Vertex 240GB SATA III SSD
    WEI Score: 7.6

Quote Originally Posted by Squize
    Nice to see new members of the board being flamed for no reason, good work guys, both welcoming and productive.

If his post offends you that much, why not either ignore it, or try pointing him in the right direction ?

Squize.
    Because they are not adult enough for that.renderhjs, for example is becoming a master on it.As you said,the foruns are becomming grumpier and grumpier, and it will be like this forever, moderators dont care...

I will stick around thanks to a few who understand that i signedup to learn new methods on how to use flash. I already went onto the basics learning from lynda.com . Dont know if you know of it but i will stick around to ask more advanced questions as i feel i will get SPAMMED for asking beginners questions.

thanks for kind replies Cimmerian ImprisonedPride samvillian and........

AKA.NUKE

yep, ignore the stupid posts, this place is actually really helpful.
    lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade