A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 3D Flash Animator 4.9.6.8 is now available

3D Flash Animator 4.9.6.8 is now available

You can download 4.9.6.8 from ...

http://www.3dfa2.com/files/3DFlashAnimator4Setup.exe

This version mostly offers improved scripting. The movie script now has only two tabs, "When movie starts" and "On every frame".

While maintaining backward compatibility, 3DFA now uses more or less the same property definition technique as Flash.

Variables should always be declared before being used (although you can still get away without declaring variables when exporting to Flash 8). You can declare a variable using the 'var' keyword when it is first assigned a value.

var variable_name = value;

If a variable is declared in the "When movie starts" tab then it will become a permanent property of the movie or element, unless it is declared inside a loop, a function, or inside curly brackets, in which case it will be declared as a local variable which will lose its value when that particular script finishes executing.

3DFA overcomes some of the limitations of Flash's technique by allowing you to specifically declare a variable to be local. This will only have an affect on variables declared outside of curly brackets in a "When movie starts" script …

local var variable_name = value;

You can now also declare a variable to be global. Once a global variable has been declared, it can be accessed just like a normal variable from any script in any element.

global var variable_name = value;

3DFA now also supports user class definitions. You can define a class in any script and it will be available for use in every other script. A new class element has been added to help keep your project looking neat. A class typically looks like …

class class_name
    {
    var property_names
    function function_definitions (){ … }
    }

Class inheritance is not supported for classes when exporting to Flash 8, but it is available for Flash 9 ...

class class_name2 extends class_name
    { ...

Other improvements include the implementation of the SharedObject class for permanently storing data on a user's computer. The LoadVars class has also been revamped.

The new XML class is also available, but the supporting classes for loading XML data are still under construction. For the time being, you can load data inside an "#if as3" section and explicitly declare some default XML when playing inside 3DFA …

var url = "http://www.3dfa.com/my_data.xml";
    var my_xml = <xml><dummy>data</dummy></xml>

#if as3

var loader = new URLLoader;
    loader.addEventListener ("complete", completeHandler);
    loader.load (new URLRequest (url));

function completeHandler (event:Event)
    {
    my_xml = new XML (loader.data);
    }

#endif

One of the best things about the new XML class are that child nodes can be accessed using dot notation …

my_xml.child_name.grandchild_name

... or you can access the children using array notation ...

my_xml.child_name[grandchild_index]

... and you can perform queries on the xml data tree in a similar way to how you would query a database. A list of nodes that satisfy the query will be returned ...

my_xml.data.(query == condition)

The old Flash 8 XML class was comparatively useless, so 3DFA's Flash 8 export does not support XML at all.

The Transmit element will remain unfinished until certain key features are ready. One of those features is "user defined elements" which will allow you to develop your own 3DFA elements. If all goes well, Transmit will become a sample for user defined elements.

Projects saved from 4.9.6.7 cannot be loaded into previous versions, so please backup your old projects before editing them in the new version.

Please take the time to test a few things and send any bug reports to the contact address. There will probably be another release within the next 7 days, so please provide feedback sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by kusco; 09-18-2007 at 12:00 PM.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

Version 4.9.6.7.1 is virtually the same as 4.9.6.7

The export subfolder was missing from the sample folder in 4.9.6.7, preventing the samples from being exported.

You can either download it again or simply create an export subfolder.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

Version 4.9.6.8 fixed a serious bug in the animation event tools, as well as several other minor fixes.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

Just curious as to how long before we get an update on the 3d elements.....

-J

Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

hi

since i started work with this programe i faced alot of problems but then i get the Solutions BUT only one problem am still facing it till this day and i hope that someone will find me the Solution for this problem. ITS THAT I CANT WRITE ARABIC TEXTS IN 3DFA! and i think coz it dosent support arab lungue. it dose write arabic but in upset side for example if u write "WORLD" it will show like this "DLROW" so please can anyone get me the Solution of this problem?

updates yeah, but when?

Hey Kusco, could you make something like a Countdown or just an announce to the next version of 3DFA?
    sorry for my bad school English
    btw. visit my Page: projects.lewxx.de
    or lewxx.de (<= German)

It was mentioned in another post that we are working towards releasing another version within the next week.

It was also mentioned that we are not quite ready to change the registration policy, free the Flash 8 export, or open-source the element interfaces just yet. But we are getting very close.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

will it support arabic text????

damned...

arabic arabic

better to correct all the bugs and get a stable version before of implementing exotic stuff !

damned...

arabic arabic

We are working to have a new version ready within the next few days, but there is still a lot to do.

We've looked into the Arabic text problem and it was not something that could be solved in 3DFA without some major reconstruction, and so the issue has not yet been resolved.

However, it is considered to be a serious issue, and it will be addressed in future versions, by allowing Arabic writers to enter right justified text from right to left. For the moment though, Arabic writers can work around this by writing backwards or using copy and paste, like with many other programs.

This problem is high on the priority list and will definitely be resolved within the next 3 or 4 months - along with some reported problems using Chinese writing.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)