A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Loaded images 'displaced'

Loaded images 'displaced'

I'm trying to load images into an MC called images ... it works fine apart from one little niggle: every image that is imported seems to be displaced one pixel right and one pixel down.

It normally wouldn't be a problem, except that the images I'm importing have a 1px border, and when imported the displacement makes it look like there's a 2px border on the top and left and none on the right and bottom.

Any ideas about correcting this?
    ----------
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." TERRY PRATCHETT

is the whole movie/stage dimensions the same as the images you are using?

can you move you containerClip up and over 1 px?

No ... I'm loading into an empty movie clip, so it doesn't actually have any physical dimensions until the image is loaded. I don't think moving the clip's position will make any difference either ... since the image is loading into the clip, the clip's position on the stage shouldn't matter.
    ----------
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." TERRY PRATCHETT

as long as your empty clip is placed or you create it @ X:0 & Y:0.. then the image should fit.

I mean if you have your container clip positioned off the stage somewhat, obviously some of the loaded image will be cropped.

hmm sounds like the good ol bitmap shift bug ... you may find this useful (if it's what i think you're referring to)

http://www.misuseit.com/bitmapbug/
    Last edited by silentweed; 09-16-2007 at 09:33 PM.
    Flashmatics | Flashmatics Library (free downloads)
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Latest Projects:
    The Dead Room | Are You Smarter | Prison Break (Frame A Friend) | Beck's Fusions | The 24 Experience

-----------------------------------------------------
    Flash Certified Developer

That's it, silentweed ... unfortunately a few of the workarounds won't work because I'm actually loading the image from a URL into an empty movie clip. I'll look into those that don't require doing something with the image during authoring as soon as I get home. Thanks for the link!
    ----------

Okay, just tried a few of the suggestions and ... no luck. As I anticipated, the solutions don't work because they are meant to resolve shifting issues from importing into the authoring environment. I'm trying to load jpegs at runtime using loadMovie().

Need more help
    ----------

Just Googled the bug and came up with this ... not perfect, but closer than what I had.

http://www.fatorcaos.com.br/flashimagebug/
    ----------

can you use a MovieClipLoader and on init extend the movie 1x1 past the current image dimensions?

Sorry ... not quite with you there. I've tried resizing the movie clip on load to +1 height and width ... didn't work. Is there some other way of doing this?
    ----------

nope, more or less same way just not using: loadMovie(). bt using the onInit() form the MovieClipLoader class is all..