A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Creating Circular Text

Creating Circular Text

I have been trying to figure out how to take a line of text, and make it make a circle so that I can rotate it around a globe. (Think "Daily Planet" in Superman).

I have done a little bit of research, and have tried different things out... but there has to be an easier way. I am dying here lol. Here are a couple of links I have looked at on how to do it.

http://swiftdev.com/tutorials/bendy_text.htm
    http://www.swiftdev.com/vb/showthread.php?t=976

Some help would be very much appreciated. If I could get it to look exactly like the Daily Planet... my little heart would skip a beat

wow...

Wow... Didn't even bother to look and see the exact same question two threads down. My bad.

I did the individual rotation of each letter... and it worked and looks pretty good, I can still sharpen it up a little. If anyone can think of a way to take a sentence and turn it into a perfect circle easily... then that would be great. Even though this only took about ten minutes.

Here is the link to what I made: http://lfsweb.com/training/GGlobeSpin/WorldSpin.swf

Nope, I'm afraid that's the easiest way to do it. What you have looks pretty good.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Thanks.

The file size is huge so it took a heck of a lot longer to load this one, but it does look better.

If you can manage it, you might want to see if you can trim the file size down a bit.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Hi folks! I am a novice. Can anyone tell me pls where to find 3d models that I can use in Swift 3d. version 1.2? Im working on a space scene and I can not make my spacecraft models. Tnk U much!

Quote Originally Posted by shonmomo
    Hi folks! I am a novice. Can anyone tell me pls where to find 3d models that I can use in Swift 3d. version 1.2? Im working on a space scene and I can not make my spacecraft models. Tnk U much!

hi guys. i am trying to create a logo as a circle and want to write a text around a globe in a round shape. Does any body know how to write a round text in flash

Thank. This what I look for