A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [mx04]

[mx04]

Hi there. Basically, i have a little flash website. And would like to have a bit for customers to send a question. I have the input box set up for the comment, and one for their name, and a submit button. I would like this data to then be sent to a txt file stored on the server. Obviously i would like the data not to overwrite each other. I would then like to have another part in my flash site that could load the entire txt file and insert it into a simple text box. Can anyone help me with this? WOuld be much appreciated. Have been reading about loadvariables and all sorts, but can't get anything to happen. sTu

You can not do this with Flash only, you will need some ASP / PHP / the likes.
    Flash is client side, it can not modify files on your server.
    You will also need a server with writing permissions (free servers usualy don't give that).
    One more thing you would like to look into is working with XML - it's a very comfortable way to organize data. Flash has an easy to use built-in XML object, it is far more comortable for data than LoadVars is (and far far better than the ancient loadVariables..).

Thanks for replying. Im not sure if my server has writing permissions. It's not a free server so i'm hoping it will do. I don't have a clue about using ASP or PHP, is it simple? Do you know where i could find out how to use this to apply to my problem?