A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Component/flv problem loading on server

Component/flv problem loading on server

Hi,

I'm using the Playback component to play an external .flv video file. Simple, right? It works perfectly on my hard drive. But when I publish everything to my server [.swf & .flv] neither the Playback component nor the video shows up.

I've made sure that everything is on the server. And it's not a browser problem. On my hard drive, the video plays fine using both FF & IE.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

btw...I use Flash 8, but since this seems to be more of a video problem, I posted it here.

Thanks very much
    Healthy Earth - Healthy Mankind - A Joyous New Millennium

I should add, my _level0 is published in Actionscript 1.0 because of some older code I need to use.

However, the [video] .swf that's loaded into a _level0 target, is published in Actionscript 2.0 so that I can use the Playback component.

Could this be a problem? As I said the whole thing works fine on my hard drive, but not on the server.

The issue has been resolved, and here was the problem:

"There may be an issue with Windows 2003 Server not streaming FLV videos. The issue basically hinges on the FLV extension not being recognized as a MIME type, hence the server doesn't know how to handle the file.

The proper mime type for FLV video is:

flv-application/octet-stream"

My hosting company configured the server for me, and now the video plays fine.