A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: DQS vs. Flashkit 3 - finish the fight

That's really nice, best vector illustration I've seen you do yet.

Honestly, I could do without the fish and the water falls, or if they were a lot more subtle, and give more attention to the great lady illustration itself. Really well done!
    >flashl!ght<
    All the normal names were taken.
    Ron Paul was right.

--===00OO00===--
    Alright, to take you off your high. I do have a few crits...

The composition seems...wrong...for lack of a better word. It's very chaotic. The eye goes from the top points of the hair, down across the halo, and back up to the other points of hair.

Then the eye just seems to go down the face and jump across the hair again before going down to the globe. Then the hands(?). They seem like an afterthought and out of place with nothing really to connect them to the rest of the image. Alright, it does slightly connect with the hair. But it kills the balance.

The light, how it's strong on top, then even down the middle, then strong back in the bottom corners. Once again, drawing the eye away from where you want it. Onto the globe is where I assume you wanted it?

Now that I've bashed your image, it's only fair I offer how to improve it right?

As I said about the balance, it's...well...off. Only thing I could think of would to reduce the glow on the top of the hair and make it line up down the middle to the hands so the balance looks like an upside down 'Y', other than that. It would possible to change the effects on the hands(?) so that their not as bright so it keeps the upper half of the image bright, and the bottom half darker. Thus preserving the balance.

Or, you can leave the hands and upper hair tips as it is. And lesses the glow on the farthest left, and right sides of the hair. And increase something about the globe, and the dark space to it's immediate left and right, that makes it more interesting. That would make it to where there light is in an upside down 'T' patter, keeping on eye from leaving the page when it gets to the bottom, making a movement from either hand then back up the page.

All that said, it's a really good image. I also expect your next one to be better.

I will not stroke it any harder either!

*Edit* So the 'hands' are waterfalls. I couldn't figure it out. Still, just replace the words in my thing.
    Last edited by Eleniatari; 10-16-2007 at 03:29 PM.
    "For an assassin he...he is pretty nice." ~The Darkness that Comes Before

The Catalyst Corp.

Thanks Flashlight & Elentari.

The only excuse I can offer on how rough the photoshopping is: It was really really rushed.
    Thanks so much for the in depth crit El. I really appreciate your feedback

Nats how do you do that vector style, do you use Fireworks, Illustrator, Photoshop? I really dig your style. I guess the only thing that distracts me of your image may be the fish eyeball thing in the middle. Other than that your image is just amazing to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Natsia
    Fish-girl is from the sorded recesses of my mind, she was done in Illustrator.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Great job so far everyone.

So who's up next for FK? I just need to know when i'm going to be up so I can plan ahead. I see nepzap called next after we get the return back from DQS, then perhaps I'll step in the next FK slot. Let me know.

sounds good CI, you're up after Neppers. No one else has called it

Just noticing something...

Last image was October 16th. Today is October 20th... 48 hours was two days ago.

Any updates?

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

For some reason I thought the ball was in their court, but it looks like it's been sitting over here getting all moldy and stale. What's up creativeinsomnia, you cookin' up somethin' special over there, or did you lose your heat?

We need to keep this train on track!
    mrush

How is it FK's turn? I don't see anything since Natsia's turn.

As far as I know, Marnie from DQS was the last to go. Now we need someone from our side to return. Did I miss something?
    mrush

interesting. usually they'll inform us that they dropped. Their image was posted on the 19th. Give CI a chance to check the thread and it'll be his turn

I'll admit I can't actually see an image in the pics thread from Marnie, but neither can I see Hendrik's, Lefteye's or Melrose's. Mine and Nat's are showing though, so I thought it was a problem with whatever server was hosting those images. In any case, there were comments in their discussion thread about her image, so I figured it was just me.

Are you guys not seeing her image, either?

edit:
    You know what, I missed the fact that it's actually nepzap who's next, not creativeinsomnia.
    Last edited by RUSHVision; 10-20-2007 at 09:25 PM.
    mrush

good call, sorry neps, we didnt forget about you

and yes rush, i'm seeing all photos in their image thread at DQS

Rush,

I was having that same problem until I registered for the site and logged in. Then I could see them fine. Obviously you've registered, but were you logged in the last time you looked?

And, since I came out of lurkdom for a moment, let me just say... nice images everyone!

-Sandy
    Sigs R4 Suckers! Wait... I mean.... nevermind...

That's the ticket. I must not have been. And yeah, nice one from marnie. That's the DQS mastery I know and love.
    mrush

Somebody link me. I still don't see anything.

They've got it set up as an attachment, but I uploaded it for ya.

mrush

Sheesh, give me a break here. Nepzap you're up dude.

Also, if nepzap doesnt respond soon...i can probably have an image up by Monday night to keep this thing going. Let me know.