A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: In Iran, we don't have homesexuals

There might be gays in Iran, but telling an Iranian that there are is like telling you that your mother did it with other guys before she met your father. This might be true( today it probably is), but its still not something you want to talk about. There are lots of stuff that you will claim to be not true, even when you know its true. Its called double-think, and we are all guilty of it. For example, we all know that driving is bad for the environment, but we still do it.

In Islamic countries they have a very different way of life than in the western world. Many things that happen are not talked about, just like here, but they are different things than what we don't talk about, and so we claim that they are inferior to us. But they look at us the same way. They see our bad side (which is what the fundamentalists use as arguments) and forget about their own bad side, just like we do.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zakp0
    Only then will you see what he means.
    I don't think you quite understand how brainwashed that makes you sound.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Well, I don't know about Iran, but based on absorbing media here in America, I've determined that all American homosexuals are:
    • Hot, hot lesbians with rocking bodies
    • Peppermint Patty
    • Men with mustaches
    • Extremely effeminate men who shreik a lot

My point is we're "open" about it here, but we're still full of sh*t about who people really are.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

after a little luck and more searching I found the full speech, maybe people would be interested in watching it? you can find it here: http://worldleaders.columbia.edu/eve...ml#past_events
    mmm signature

Quote Originally Posted by carly1979
    you about to tell me they don't exist?
    It's you who was telling us they do exist, so I was hoping to see some factual background behind your words.

ChaseNYC, thanks for the link.
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

Quote Originally Posted by realMakc
    do you personally know any gays from Iran?
    Yes. Also from Turkey, Dubai and Libya. Why do you ask?

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ihoss.com
    There might be gays in Iran, but telling an Iranian that there are is like telling you that your mother did it with other guys before she met your father.
    I think this rates as one of the weirdest analogies I've ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by ihoss.com
    There might be gays in Iran, but telling an Iranian that there are is like telling you that your mother did it with other guys before she met your father. This might be true( today it probably is), but its still not something you want to talk about. There are lots of stuff that you will claim to be not true, even when you know its true. Its called double-think, and we are all guilty of it. For example, we all know that driving is bad for the environment, but we still do it.

In Islamic countries they have a very different way of life than in the western world. Many things that happen are not talked about, just like here, but they are different things than what we don't talk about, and so we claim that they are inferior to us. But they look at us the same way. They see our bad side (which is what the fundamentalists use as arguments) and forget about their own bad side, just like we do.
    All that clean, Nordic living has clearly dulled your perception of the real world.

Either that, or you're stoned out of your mind.

The guy denies there are homosexuals in Iran because - wait for it - they (the Iranians) need to be seen as pure, to justify, rationalize fighting the impure. Impure? That's you (if you're not Muslim), me and everyone else that is an infidel or apostate.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    Yes. Also from Turkey, Dubai and Libya. Why do you ask?
    Ok, that's better. Would you give me Iranian guy contacts?

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    a lack of gay men would certainly explain why their president is tooling around in a members only jacket.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Ok, that's better. Would you give me Iranian guy contacts?
    If you wish. I'll PM it to you.

While we're at it... give me your first name, last name and contact info as well. If you want to contact this person, you'll do so through me. And I'm not sure what you wish to endeavor, but if anything I'd prevent my friends from having to deal with strangers.

And you... you're a stranger.

Understood?

hurricane, what do you think of Iran? Do you think they have a good regime, or do you think they would be better of with a western government? If so, then how is your view different from Iranians who believe that their system is better? If you don't think they should change their system, then how do you defend them stoning people?

Everyone seems to dislike the Muslims because they want us to be Muslims, instead we want them to be more western.

aah, through you, right. I was just thinking, why should I take your word for an evidence, so I thought I would talk to this guy so that he would convince me that he's from Iran, and he's gay. he might not want to, though, and then I will never know... but until then, what reasons do I have to doubt words of their president?

aah, through you, right. I was just thinking, why should I take your word for an evidence, so I thought I would talk to this guy so that he would convince me that he's from Iran, and he's gay. he might not want to, though, and then I will never know... but until then, what reasons do I have to doubt words of their president?
    It's the same as taking his word, or mine. It's all up to you. I personally know one person... an aberration perhaps? Luck of the draw perhaps?

Who knows. I didn't seek this person, nor the other way around. Just happened to be the lil' bro of somebody I know very well. And he spent the first 17 years while in Iran.

And this president... he can say whatever he wishes. I'll believe and doubt whatever I decide to believe in.

You can feel free to do the same.

here's part of his dialogue divided into 6 clips.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=PXeZ87AqknE

Fast forward to 3:35 to listen to the question regarding homosexual executions in Iran and his answer.
    Last edited by Damaso; 09-26-2007 at 10:32 AM.
    "Long live fk'ers, keep fk'ing."

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    It's the same as taking his word, or mine.
    Ah yes, that's true. But even so, when you say, "there are gays in iran", people have no problem with that, and when he says otherwise, people start threads like this. So you see, there is some difference.

Some international gay rights groups believe that more than 4,000 lesbians and gay men have been executed since the Ayatollahs seized power in 1979.
    link

Ah yes, that's true. But even so, when you say, "there are gays in iran", people have no problem with that, and when he says otherwise, people start threads like this. So you see, there is some difference.
    I didn't have a news conference or answer/question session to start a thread about.

If you wish, feel free to start one based on my foolish or inaccurate statement(s) then - I have made enough of those to fill a volume of books.

That would be appropriate and equal action. I'll be waiting.

Instructional Designer
    Whidbey Island: north of Seattle, east of Victoria, south of Vancouver

Phenomenom

Yes, but the phenomenon doesn't exist there, so to speak. It's so taboo, you might as well say that no such person exists, and it'll be just as good as there really being no one as such. It's hard to explain, but do you get my drift here?
    Frankly no. I don't get your drift (although I do think you are drifting). I think you are interpreting for the man. He says the Phenomenom does not exist. He is not saying that it is not common or accepted. He firmly asserts that the reality of homosexuality does not exist in Iran. The obvious question is how could he know? He might just as easily say that holy men have no evil thoughts. Does he think he is all-knowing (I think so). That is the root of humor here. The guy is so out of touch that he is certain about what he cannot possibly know for sure, even with 10 thousand eyes.

To quote David Horsey, political cartoonist for the Seattle Times, "Welcome to Ahmadinejad's alternative reality, where the holocaust didn't happen, where Al-qaida didn't do 9/11, and where there are no homosexuals (except the ones we execute)."

Ahmadinejad is a hero to many because he speaks his mind and doesn't back down. I understand and respect that appreciation; but we must temper our appreciation with a clear view of the man. Hero worship is blind and such blindness is dangerous.
    Tomas

This is stupid, why are we debating this?

There are gay people everywhere, always have been, always will be. It's part of human sexuality.

The only question is whether people are open about it or not.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog

Furthermore, why should anyone, or any government, care who f***s who? As long as everyone is an adult and consenting, it's no one's business to tell them what they can and can't do in the privacy of their own home or behind closed doors. Why would you want someone to legislate your orgasms?