A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: In Iran, we don't have homesexuals

Quote Originally Posted by PAlexC
    There are gay people everywhere...
    In my appartment there are no gay people. I guarantee itewwmvw# emmm sorry for that garbage. My roommate just grabbed my ass as I was typing it.
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

I have some sad news about my roommate. I'm affraid I will ask him to move out
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

Quote Originally Posted by PAlexC
    Why would you want someone to legislate your orgasms?
    haha

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ihoss.com
    hurricane, what do you think of Iran? Do you think they have a good regime, or do you think they would be better of with a western government?
    I think the Iranian regime is whacked.

But no, going so far as to say that 'one-size Western government fits all' is equally misplaced.

But claiming that there are no homosexuals in Iran is simply keeping up appearances in order to aid the advancement of governmental goals.

In the same way that there's no enriched uranium, no insurgents crossing the border, no infringement on personal freedoms or of the press.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Furthermore, why should anyone, or any government, care who f***s who? As long as everyone is an adult and consenting, it's no one's business to tell them what they can and can't do in the privacy of their own home or behind closed doors
    Ok, so a government should only care so much? They should care if children are involved, but not if to men are involved? I'm not saying I disagree with you, but you are saying two different things!

Quote Originally Posted by ihoss.com
    but you are saying two different things!
    No, I'm not. The difference is perpetrating a crime against another human being, versus engaging in consensual activity with someone who is able to make that judgment call for themselves.

If two guys WANT to do each other, why should the government stop them? Who are they committing a crime against, violating the rights of, or harming by doing that?

A child, besides being gross, is unable to make that decision for themselves, therefore a magic number has to be agreed upon, usually 18, when they consider that most people of that age are finally able to be responsible for themselves.
    Last edited by PAlexC; 09-26-2007 at 03:18 PM.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

For those trying to rationalize his statement as something less than what it is, perhaps you need to learn a little more about what goes on in Iran. Maybe you should try to answer the same questions that caused him to make that statement.

Homosexuality is punishable by death in Iran. Though, lesbians are typically whipped instead. I think it's safe to presume that he knows these things occur in his country.

So, how do you answer the questions that the students of Columbia asked? What do you think of the inhumane treatment of homosexuals in Iran? Just a cultural thing?
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

Quote Originally Posted by FlashLackey
    Homosexuality is punishable by death in Iran.
    That's why there are probably no homosexuals in Iran, only gay Zombies. I hope they make that President's night to a (night)mere one day.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

yeah, waste of FK thread space to be debating a stupid comment like this really. he's an idiot, one of the variety of idiot political leaders appealing to a xenophobic section of the population to remain in power.

and everyone else has said enough about that me thinks.
    Michezo Youth Initiative - donate | Into Kenya | Naked Chronicles | Mark Bingham - my friend, America's hero

To help new members fit into Flashkit, three rules they forgot to tell you on signup: Rule #1: Learn Group Think, and behave accordingly | Rule #2: Do as certain Mods say, not as they do. | Rule #3: If you're from outside the US, don't at any time criticise, allude or hyperlink to criticism of the US or any of their laws, policies or practices. | Enjoy your time at Flashkit!

The whole alcohol thing in middle eastern countries.. it's not taboo at all. It says in the Quran not to drink it, sure, but considering I lived in a middle eastern country for 10 years, and traveled through a whole lot of them, I think I know what I'm saying when I say that nearly every muslim I knew, nearly every middle eastern, did indeed drink.

The concept of alcohol consumption being taboo.. that's absolutely wrong.

Actually, in many middle eastern countries, it is indeed illegal to drink alcohol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibi...d_Central_Asia

So you either lived in one of the few that didn't outlaw alcohol, were granted special rights as a foreign visitor, or you were breaking the law.
    Michezo Youth Initiative - donate | Into Kenya | Naked Chronicles | Mark Bingham - my friend, America's hero

To help new members fit into Flashkit, three rules they forgot to tell you on signup: Rule #1: Learn Group Think, and behave accordingly | Rule #2: Do as certain Mods say, not as they do. | Rule #3: If you're from outside the US, don't at any time criticise, allude or hyperlink to criticism of the US or any of their laws, policies or practices. | Enjoy your time at Flashkit!

Ut oh

Quote Originally Posted by zakp0
    Have you guys never been to middle eastern countries? The concept of homosexuality does indeed not exist in most of them. If it does, it's rarely spoken of, and it's suppressed as some sort of extremely erratic sin. I don't see anything wrong with what he's trying to say, I just don't like how he said it.

You really need to pop out of your bubble where you expect to see everything that YOU think is "the norm" in your part of the world, in every other part of the world as well. Only then will you see what he means.
    Much to learn.... Much to learn....

you deleted your original post, odisey?

Quote Originally Posted by zakp0
    The whole alcohol thing in middle eastern countries.. it's not taboo at all. It says in the Quran not to drink it, sure, but considering I lived in a middle eastern country for 10 years, and traveled through a whole lot of them, I think I know what I'm saying when I say that nearly every muslim I knew, nearly every middle eastern, did indeed drink.

The concept of alcohol consumption being taboo.. that's absolutely wrong.
    Guess you didn't go the people and stayed in the tourist areas. It's not absolutely wrong.

Guess you'd know that if you'd been there. I have. And if it's mentioned in the Qu'ran, it's followed. To drink is going against that very same book.

And to bolster this whole gay issue... even the Bible has a line that says "man should not lay with man..." blah, blah. It's not enforced. And justifications to ignore that are aplenty. Same for the whole "do not eat pork"... it's in the Moses set of laws, but "struck down" with the new testament.

Whatever. I know what I've seen. Alcohol is forbidden by the holy book and by secular laws. Getting around it is not supposed to happen.

But it does. And it shouldn't.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Quote Originally Posted by FlashLackey
    Though, lesbians are typically whipped instead.
    I like where this is going...
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    Whatever. I know what I've seen. Alcohol is forbidden by the holy book and by secular laws. Getting around it is not supposed to happen.
    hah.. i think that just proves that christians,muslims, and jews are pretty much the same people.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyLittleCar
    hah.. i think that just proves that christians,muslims, and jews are pretty much the same people.
    I have yet to make it to Israel, but I'd assume it's the same there too.

and personally, I enjoy a good drink. So it doesn't bother me at all.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

This all just leads me to believe that the truly truly devout are generally unhappy people.

If we're all going to just pick and choose what rules we'll follow, why subscribe to a rule book?

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN
    This all just leads me to believe that the truly truly devout are generally unhappy people.
    my experience has been the opposite. Although I have met alot of people that were really trying to be truly truly devout that were unhappy.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

the only muslim nation i've been to prohibited drinking alcohol, having a dog, possessing pork or material from any religion other than islam (crosses, bibles, etc. are contraband there).

BUT, they did allow alcohol on the resorts where it could be sold to foreign tourists.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyLittleCar
    my experience has been the opposite. Although I have met alot of people that were really trying to be truly truly devout that were unhappy.
    seconded.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf