dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: using actionscript to make sound loop on movie start

using actionscript to make sound loop on movie start

the sound plays once then stops for good. I made a button that plays and loops but it wont at the start of the movie.
    how do i achieve this? i bet its a simple 2 line script but i cant get it work. im using flash 8

oh and if theres time, id like to know how to keep the sound playing when you start the movie over.

how are you loading in the sound file? external / internal / in the timeline? If you don't have a preloader at the start that could be a problem why the sound isn't starting right away.

Then for the starting the movie over, is it just a button to gotoAndPlay(1)? or do you mean refreshing?

thanks for your offer to help.

the sound is loaded internally (i think its called that, i imported it to library and linked it to actionscript), im not using a preloader (tried many tutorials but none work for me) and yeah its a basic gotoAndPlay(1) script attached to the button. But after some messing around with the scripting on my own, i figured how to make the sound start when the movie does. and as for the rewind button, i also attached a stopAllSounds action the newSound play action. so its all good other than the preloader. Thanks for offering to help though. flash isnt as hard as i thought.

Try this:

mySound = new Sound();
    mySound.attachSound("myMusic");
    mySound.start("", 99999);

you can set the start value to : start(0,100) this will start the sound and loop it 100 times. The previus it loops it 999999 times.

Notice the "myMusic" is the AS linkage from the library.

works perfectly thanks