A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 3D tags and precision

I am wondering if there are any tags used to create 3D in swf other then rotate. I am trying to create 3D objects by rotateing 2D shapes and putting them together ( to create solids ), but then I run into the problem of precision, since I want to be able to use not only axis align shapes.
    ( The idea was to calculate angles for each shape )

Are there any special tags that I should know about.

btw. I am writing my own lib to do this, not using any tools.

I hear ya... Unfortunately there is no way (currently) to get PRECISE. I've been begging E-Rain to include it in Swift3D 2... Altho, It is possible to do it by eye. Sorry, boss.

Vince

How do 3D studio pluggins do this? Their programmers must have run into this problem. Or is their output not really 3D?

3D Studio Max has the number boxes to get that kind of exacting control. If you've got 3DS max then you should just set up your animation in there and then save it as a .3ds file and boom. perfecto.

I dont need number boxes to do what I am trying to to because i write the swf directly ( no tools,only a programing language ), but I need to know if is possible to use the builtin control tags to create precise 3d models, like they export from 3d studio. I havent found any matrix tags that could do that. (shear,rotate ... ), If I had simple matrix multiply tag this wouldnt be a problem.

.3ds files wouldnt help because I am making dynamic content.

This is something the erain programmers must know

But thanks anyway
    [Edited by olafurj on 07-12-2000 at 07:15 AM]