A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Some sites I've been working on

Some sites I've been working on

Hi All,

I've been away for a long time. Busy!!

These are some I've done in my absence.

Marilyn Manson

There a lot of crazy sub pages there too.

and a funny one...

The Iron Man

A cool Rapper in LA

Bugsy.com

A school!

Montessori School

A company that does DVD content for movies

Primalux

Anyway. I hope these are enjoyable. I hope everyone is doing well.

Kurt

Student
    lovely sites,
    art & coding or wich part?

Everything!

Student
    that´s nice to hear,- there aren´t that much people today that get the oppertunity and the expierence to do booth

I'm very fortunate. Of course, those are some of the fun ones. I have to whore my self out for some pretty dull stuff too.

Excellent work, very impressive. I bet you charge a hefty fee.
    Two wrongs don't make a right... but three lefts do.
    www.threelefts.com

Man you are amazing. I am starting my own computer business and havent a clue how to do a "GOOD" Flash website. I have built a crummy one and have gotten people on this forum to look it over and give me some great advice. Could you possibly look at it and give me some advice. I would like to learn some tricks. I have no idea how you come up with some of these ideas that you had in those sites. Truely amazing. I would love to be able to have a site like that. If you want you can check out my site and at least tell me what could be done. I know its a disaster i have already heard that from many. However im not going to give up i am working on the backgroud, getting rid of the cube and so forth. Thanks again and great job.

My site is http://wpc-consulting.com

Hey i looked at your site as well. It is very cool. I noticed you do logos and some other stuff as well. Would you mind looking at my site and letting me know how i can improve my logo. I actually found this as an example or a template online with some example text. I modified it in photoshop However i am not to sure about it. Is there some good software or tips you have for me to recreate this logo to look better? Oh and if you have any comments on how i can make my site better please feel free. My site again is http://wpc-consulting.com

Thanks

Flattery will get you everywhere!

thank you.

Regarding your site. I don't know that I'm a good critic. I think you've done a good job, but as you indicated it can be better. So, what to do to get satisfaction? There are two things. You can either work on it until you get that magical feeling that it is "right" or you can pay someone else to do it.

For me it is, for the most part, a very enjoyable process. So I want to do it. For other people it is painful and they'd rather not do it. Their time is better spent elsewhere.

Anyway, how to get that magical feeling.... don't ever say good enough. more specific? pay attention to scale. Are your fonts too big? are the graphics too small? There should be variation.

About color... do the colors feel good? I like fluid colors that tend to all feel at home together. Some people are successful at putting jarring colors together. That is not me at this point in time.

About composition... Do the relationships between the various shapes feel good.

don't know the answers of some of the above? Then play. Try this, try that and see if one thing feels better than the other. It usually takes a long long time until it all feels good and you are done.

Hopefully you enjoy process.

and hmmm, of course you should look at stuff you like and try and figure out what it is that you like about it.

Regarding logos. I suck at them. Occasionally I get a good one, but I have deep respect for those people that consistently design good ones. I don't know how they do it.

I'm writing too quickly, but a deadline looms! I'm sure I haven't addressed all your comments, but hopefully there is something useful in what I've said.

Thank you again.

Peace!
    Kurt

Hey man i understand what you are saying, and i thought i was rather good at making sites. At least with frontpage and stuff. Flash is completely different but i do like it. I am a person who is curious i like to play and mess around. Flash at this point is beginning to get a little annoying because i have been working on it for a month along with college and starting the business. So I am going to post pone the starting of the business a little longer and focus on playing with this site. I can do it i just have to learn the tricks. There is just so much to learn. I definately found some backgrounds that should at least add some color and not be so boring. Thanks again for all the advice. How long does it take you to do sites like the ones in this post. If you don't mind me asking. Anyways thanks again and keep posting those awesome sites you are inspiring me and giving me great ideas.

Later
    Jesse

Hi Again,

Glad to hear that you enjoy it. If you got that everything else will come. When I first started I would spend days on the silliest problems. It was frustrating but not without value.

It can take 100-200 hours for me to do some of those sites. what you are not seeing is all the failures. maybe "failures" is harsh, because ultimately it all leads to the end product and i couldn't have got there without them.

Again, have fun. If you love it. The rest just occurs naturally over time.

Thank you again for nice comments.

It means a lot.

Kurt

I agree i have spent lots of time on some of the silliest stuff and then in a day or two i change it all up anyways. It is certainly a challenge but i do enjoy it. I would enjoy it more if i had more time to spend on it and learn. However i will get it sooner or later. Thanks again for all the great comments and tips.