A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes :: Season Two Ongoing Conversation **SPOILERS INSIDE**

heroes season Premier

anyone catch it?

thoughts?
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

--===00OO00===--
    I liked the last 30 seconds the best of the whole thing..."Who are you and what did you do with the ipods!?" Haha, brilliant!

And the SAME ****ING car commercial 2x every commercial break was wearing on my nerves...
    Last edited by Eleniatari; 09-25-2007 at 10:08 AM.
    "For an assassin he...he is pretty nice." ~The Darkness that Comes Before

The Catalyst Corp.

yeah i def did not need to here about that car 3 times in a row.

so there are def other super humans out there that share abilities, because we have another kid that can fly.

What was up with nathans face when he looked into the mirror(all crispy from the explosion i would assume), is he able to hide what he looks like as well as fly? or was he just seeing things?

the time traveling thing is a pet peeve of mine, if hiro goes back in time, and causes a ripple throughout history then there is a chance he wont exist at all in the future so he wouldnt be able to go back in time in the first place. he would instantly vanish. but this is a tv show so ill allow it.

didnt bother sticking around for that new journyman show.
    Last edited by silverx2; 09-25-2007 at 10:23 AM.

I think he saw his brother in the mirror... or who he thought might be his brother.

This season looks to introduce something worse than Sylar... now that I can't wait to see what it is.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

--===00OO00===--
    Lets not forget that one chick with the multiple personalities had that same symbol that was on the pictures and that was hanging around the guys neck at the end. But she has it tattooed on her shoulder.

The Catalyst Corp.

excellent as always.

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    the time traveling thing is a pet peeve of mine, if hiro goes back in time, and causes a ripple throughout history then there is a chance he wont exist at all in the future so he wouldnt be able to go back in time in the first place. he would instantly vanish. but this is a tv show so ill allow it.
    They've more or less established that Hiro can't dramatically alter the past, and whenever he tries to change it he gets zapped to the present. I expect more of a plotline involving Hiro either convincing Kensei into becoming the hero of legend or of Hiro being mistaken for Kensei as the hero of legend. So he won't be changing the future, only realizing his role in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleniatari
    And the SAME ****ING car commercial 2x every commercial break was wearing on my nerves...
    yeah i def did not need to here about that car 3 times in a row.
    uh....DVR, guys. My house is commercial free, with the possible exception of the Super Bowl. I start watching shows about 20 minutes after they come on the air...I am finished at the same time, and get to skip all ads.

As far as Heroes, it seems like they are trying too hard and the story seemed slow to me the last 6 episodes of last season...I'll check it a few more times, but I may have to move on to greener pastures, like Kid Nation or Cavemen.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

i dont have dvr, and my computer is now in a differnt room then my tv (moving on up) so untill i get around to running some cable wires im not even able to use my pinnicle usb tv tuner to record shows and watch later.

I didn't like this episode. There was too much Claire-stuff, which almost made me puke (oh, another strange guy who we know she is going to fall in love with, because so far he is the only guy at her school and he got powers too!).

I like the new episodes of Prison Break though!

I like Nathan's new plot line what ever it is. Parkman getting a divorce and a promotion in 4 months is kind of a reach. I don't see how a social worker would have approved his place anyway. But I hear there's an episode called "four months ago" that will clear that up.
    As far as finding peter, isn't that the same bin they found Jack Bauer in? They better spend an entire episode on how one goes from exploding to shackled in a shipping container.

I watched quantum lea..er.. journeyman too. Extremely baseless plot but some interesting situations. Like when he jumps to 10 years back and his dead girlfriend kisses him. He's actually gone from real time so his wife thinks he's cheating and on drugs. He proves it to her by burying a ring under their stone deck in the past and then digging it up in front of her. Pretty inventive... actually no its not, I saw it in a justice league cartoon once. It will be off the air before Chuck.

ofcourse we will have to wait till the second half of the season to get all the explanations... cause that's what keeps us hooked.
    mmm signature

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar
    overall I liked it, but I've got the same complaint I had with every episode last season...too slow, or it needs to be 2 hours, or I want to see MORE powers. Still find it hard to believe that there would be people with all these powers that wouldn't be using them all the time...

but i'll keep watching...i'd rather just get the whole season on dvd and watch it non-stop...

liked journeyman too...nothing unique, but i thought it was well presented, acted and fairly well written...

gotta dvr...c'mon, who needs 3 car ads in a row?!
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

--===00OO00===--
    Quote Originally Posted by flashpipe1
    gotta dvr...c'mon, who needs 3 car ads in a row?!
    Of the same car too.

The Catalyst Corp.

Lets not forget that one chick with the multiple personalities had that same symbol that was on the pictures and that was hanging around the guys neck at the end. But she has it tattooed on her shoulder.

thats the godsend symbol that ties them all together. peter had it around his neck as a necklace when he was found in the container.

i love the show but i was a bit disappointed. because we know who the old people are but feel a bit cheated that its going to take ages for it to speed up a bit.

by episode 7/8 things will appear more clearer i guess. GRRRRR @ MONTHS>
    "I am a professional web designer,
    is that regular fries or super size....."

www.designtoday.info - twitter

Quote Originally Posted by flashpipe1
    overall I liked it, but I've got the same complaint I had with every episode last season...too slow, or it needs to be 2 hours, or I want to see MORE powers. Still find it hard to believe that there would be people with all these powers that wouldn't be using them all the time...
    Any good show worth a five year run doesn't blow it's load in two seasons. Babylon 5 got extremely enthralling in season 3 because of the patient set up in 1 and 2. I have a feeling there will be powers galore and maybe even a 'headquarters'. Heck they already have an emblem. And speaking of emblems,

Are you talking about Molly? Anyway, that symbol has been a set piece from the first shot to the point where there's nothing really big about seeing it anymore.

It does however remain a complete mystery. So far we know:
    - It shows up in Suresh's fathers book covers and his dna research
    - It's everywhere surrounding the hero's/villians
    - The old team knows exactly what it is and fears it
    - Molly draws it all the time
    - It was Tekashi's symbol

Best I can deduce is that the old team answered to sort of an overlord or at least an even older organization. (which frankly is a little too x-files for me, I don't want to know that there is tons of knowledge about these powers, the cool part of the show is watching them learn). That team/person had an agenda that the old team failed on so now they're being eliminated. They could at least give us some solid facts about the symbol this season without showing too much.

what about the guy that killed hiros father. kinda limping through the doorway, then just kinda tackling him off the roof, kinda weak why didnt he, i dunno move away from the ledge?

what about the guy that killed hiros father. kinda limping through the doorway, then just kinda tackling him off the roof, kinda weak why didnt he, i dunno move away from the ledge?
    or at least show his power. he was meant to be very powerful. grrrrr i hate this anticipation
    "I am a professional web designer,
    is that regular fries or super size....."

www.designtoday.info - twitter

the show is very good in building the tension. You always expect something great is going to happen, and bam! everything's over in 2 seconds. All scenes that had potential to be great actions scenes were disappointing: future Peter and Hiro's going to save the present Hiro... the season finale, Linderman's dead, Sylar and Peter in the future, Sylar and Peter in Suresh apartment.

I guess the action scenes could improve, but I won't complain, because they do work a lot in building the characters and the story. It's more a character driven show than a sci fi show. If they start putting eyecandy showing people's abilities, I bet it'd turn out into 24 (which i love), where the story is secondary, and it's all about explossions, murders and Jack Bauer solving sticky situations and saving the world more times than Superman and McGyver put together.

I hope Claire gets killed this season, she's getting obnoxious.

Matt should man up: he lets Molly talk to him like he's a loser, and even screamed to him, how can he let a kid treat him like that?

Claire's dad is a badass, I like his character.

I hope Hiro doesn't spend more than 5 episodes in the past, but it looks like it's going to take him the whole season to go back to the present.

Peter story is dumb: oh, I exploded and I lost my memory. I hope it makes sense soon.

I think they are missing one of the pieces that made this show a success: last season, they let you know from the start where the show was going: huge explosion in the future, and all of them needing to stop it. It was interesting to see how every episode gave you one more piece of the whole puzzle. This season, I don't know where they are going.

The episode was not bad, but was not that interesting either.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

on the stern show, george takai (hiro's father) kept suggesting that this season we would learn more about his character and even hinted that he might have some powers of his own...I'm going to be bummed if he's just dead...what a let down...maybe hiro will come back and save him?

And, since the nuclear bomb future with the dead Ando is no longer the future, will Hiro become the serious bad-a$$ we saw in the first season???

Good point argonauta, they need some foreshadowing with one of the psychics...although, the little girl seeing the REAL bad guy (is it just Sylar?) is a bit of a hint...
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

They really needed a two hour premier...