A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: phot effects

phot effects

how do make a photo appear in sections. I want a photo to appear in small squares 1 by 1 until the whole photo comes together .

How do i get say the photo split up into even rows and have each 1 appear as well? So a row appear from the photo then another row etc.

Make a movie clip. On the timeline, place the squares, which can be another movie clip with just a white fill in it, over the area of the picture. Place them all in frame 1 and remove them along the timeline of the movie clip so as it plays, the squares go away and disappear. Now put the squares movie clip inside another movie clip that has your picture on layer 1. Add the squares mc on layer 2 and turn it into a mask layer.

from what you are saying the photo disappears but i want it to appear. i sort of didnt understand all this sorry.

Yup, your right, just reverse what I said then, add them to the timeline. On the other hand, you don't even need to use a mask, you can make one square movie clip first, with a fade out effect on it's timeline and a stop at the last frame. This would fade in the picture, in squares.

Here, get this fla and check it out. It uses some code and a movie clip as the mask. I didn't finish the squares, but you can see what to do to finish it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

thanks for that.
    do you happen to have pured actionscript example of this by any chance?

No, I sure don't, but you could check in teh Movies link at the top of the page. There might be something in there.