A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: opening an exe file ! ! !

opening an exe file ! ! !

i have a standalone exe file which has been copied from a presentation CD ...

it doesnt open up in Flash MX ...... or mayb its been protected .....

i want 2 view its codes embeded in that file, how can i do that ?

we have swf 2 exe, any software 2 convert exe 2 swf ?

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    Your out of luck. You can always try contacting the company that developed it but they'll probably tell you no. There is no way to decompile a projector.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

I know how to spell addicted netadict's Avatar
    You simply didn't look hard enough, try
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=747011
    One blurred photo is a mistake, 10 blurred photos are an experiment,
    100 blurred photos is a style

That software isn't going to get you the actionscript back though. He said he wanted to view the code and without the original FLA file that isn't possible.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

Well thats not true. There are plenty of tools to extract actionscript form SWF files.
    See
    http://www.nowrap.de/flare.html
    for a free version. There are links to other ones at the bottom of the page too.

Have you ever actually used one of those programs to get anything useful recovered? I have an SWF from an old project that I just tried Flare on and all it got back was a few gotoAndPlay commands. I can redo that part of the FLA easily. It's the more complex stuff that it didn't recover that I can't replicate.
    Jason L. Wright

Well I have used Flare on some rather complex swf's and it has been very reliable. I found it better than some of the commercial actionscript viewers. Always worth a try rather than simply saying "isn't possible" would you not agree

I guess it's worth a try. It would be a lot better if there were a way to recover the original FLA file...
    Jason L. Wright