A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [AS3] fscommand does not launch app files under mac

[AS3] fscommand does not launch app files under mac

Hello everyone, I could really use some help. Normally I am a game programmer using AS3, however recently I was tasked with making this virtual magazine type thing that needed to launch my games in seperate windows.

The solution that I devised was to use fscommand to launch said files and so for the windows version I built my games as projectors, built the main app as a projector, put the game exes in the fscommand folder, and used the following code:

Code:
    function ClopsClick(ME:MouseEvent):void
    {
    	fscommand("exec","ClopsBrosTM.exe");
    }
    function GiggleClick(ME:MouseEvent):void
    {
    	fscommand("exec","FairyBit.exe");
    }
    So anyway the windows version of all of this works 100% correctly.

The problem is that I compiled a seperate version for the mac I changed the code to this:

Code:
    function ClopsClick(ME:MouseEvent):void
    {
    	fscommand("exec","ClopsBrosTM.app");
    }
    function GiggleClick(ME:MouseEvent):void
    {
    	fscommand("exec","FairyBit.app");
    }
    I built everything as mac projectors, but I sent it to my boss and he said that it doesn't work! I don't own a mac and so I can't test it for myself...

I did some research on the topic and I read something about applescript, but from my understanding that requires it to basically be compiled as .app files and that wouldn't really do anything for this situation.

What I need to know is there anyway to fix this problem? And if there isn't, is there any solution to launching my games from the flash magazine other then using fscommand? Embeding them is out of the question as the games have different framerates (As one of them was not developed by me).

Any help would be highly appreciated as I am banging my head against a wall at this point .

Thanks!
    Last edited by shadowisadog; 08-09-2007 at 04:23 PM.

-_-
    So the games are Mac projectors too? If you want, you can email me the file and I can check them. I don't know if you can have a loader component in a projector. I'll check on that. If you want to email me the file, my address is:
    aa srd [@] tds DOT net

Thank you for the offer, however we ended up just keeping the games external from the main menu... Unfourtunately I am unable to send the files because it is a complete game/virtual magazine that was developed under contract.

Thanks for the help anyway though!

Tried without the .app?
    Sam