A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: projector files

projector files

Hello,
    Has anyone made a projector that calls many other swf files? I did a job for someone using several swfs called from one swf/html and now he wants it as a exe. Or better, how could I combine all the swfs into one package and make a projector?
    Any programming language is at its best before it is implemented and used.

yep you can make a projector of 1 swf which creates 1.exe, which will load 2.swf, however 2.swf has to be in the same directory. So if you publish to cd or memory stick it should run as an exe, and you can create an autorun if you wish.

Thank you for the info. I haven't tried it but I wonder if the projector could call the other swf from the web while on a desktop. Seems like this would give a security error. I was looking for a new idea. And does this forum in all seem sluggish or something. I did click on tutorials at the top because theres a projector tutorial there, but it gives a web page not found error. And much of the site doen't load.???

Pretty sure your projector can only load swfs from a specific folder relative to the projector. It's a security thing. Soon as I get a chance I could test it.

Quote Originally Posted by blanius
    Pretty sure your projector can only load swfs from a specific folder relative to the projector. It's a security thing. Soon as I get a chance I could test it.
    If you invent a new idea, let me know. I am looking to reinvent the wheel.

Other ideas are cool. I am not stuck with a projector. And I guess Director could do this but I have never used it.

Quote Originally Posted by blanius
    You can change the behaviour with the 'local playback security' setting. I'm not sure if you also have to create a crossdomain.xml file.

This sounds liek a good for Adobe Air....LOL
    Anyway I think this is what you could use
    http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/air/
    ~~Drew~~
    New Tutorial Site Coming
    Soon
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show....php?p=4118485

Hey, tmoore, there's some code on the PureBasic forum that allows you to compile a swf in an exe and it plays back through memory. This would allow links to other swf files from a webhost, I believe. If you send me your swf file to me I could try it?

I'm also a MDM Zinc user and it might compile multiple swf files but I haven't tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by FLASHPULSE
    Hey, tmoore, there's some code on the PureBasic forum that allows you to compile a swf in an exe and it plays back through memory. This would allow links to other swf files from a webhost, I believe. If you send me your swf file to me I could try it?

I'm also a MDM Zinc user and it might compile multiple swf files but I haven't tried it.
    Thanks. At the moment the guy paid me for what I did but this exe is in the air. Last I heard was a week ago. So he may have done it himself to save money since he is also the CEO. Once I get the final zip of everything, I could post a link.