A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: link two swf's of different FPS

link two swf's of different FPS

Hello

I am making a huge animation project.

I have two flash files which I unfortunately made in different frames per second (first is at 24FPS and second is at 30FPS), meaning that if I should link them manually by pasting scenes from one file to another, the timing would be wrong one of them. Ofcourse I regret that, but it would be alot of work to convert the first file to 30FPS and fixing hundreds of pieces of animation to fit that new speed.

So is there a way I could use a code, or different technique, to link them together? I want both files preloaded and ready, when pressing on Play button and file2 should start playing right away without any waiting time, when file1 is complete.

Can I perhaps do it by embeding the flash into one long video INSIDE the Flash, on one layer? I saw that someone used that techique; in stead of making raw animation, he converted everything into a video and did the same thing with sound - by putting it as well on only one layer... I guess it is to reduce the CPU power.

Any suggestions please? This is very important that I can fix this problem before next week. I appreciate alot any help

-Aleq

1. You can have both animations in different but identical html pages. Once one movie is finished you call the second movie using getURL.

2. You can convert the movie to a .MOV file, but in versions up to Flash 8 you can only export as aFlash 5 movie. You need to purchase Flash CS3 to save in a higher Flash version.

3. You can convert both movies to Flash 9 movies, which allows different framerates.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

have a look at :: Independant Frame Rates :: in my library ..hope it helps
    Flashmatics | Flashmatics Library (free downloads)
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Latest Projects:
    The Dead Room | Are You Smarter | Prison Break (Frame A Friend) | Beck's Fusions | The 24 Experience

-----------------------------------------------------
    Flash Certified Developer