A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FREELANCE Flex, Flash, Air, AS3 Developer

FREELANCE Flex, Flash, Air, AS3 Developer

I am a FREELANCE Flex, Flash, Air, AS3 Developer looking to work on projects that include these technologies. I accept work based on review of development criteria and development cycles required including realistic time scales.

you can view my most recent work on the following:

http://www.airflexflash.com/?page_id=3

My tutorial site all programming and Flash based tutorials are written by me as well as photoshop and fireworks.

http://www.miraztutorials.com/hire-a-developer/

My linked in profile
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/shazadmirza

Ain't those Cafe Townsend Component setups you're passing off as your own from the Total Training Flex Training Dvd's?

Curious to this.

Regards
    Jamesloacher

yes hes a liar and a clown

this is apparently a record of the "work' he has done////

QUOTED.
    I have updated as much as i can been working on this for all day every day for the past week in the hope to make a good impression on you of my work but im affraid in this instance ive been hope-less.

I know tou told me to avoid excessive coding but the entire template is nothing but code. If ichange or add 1 thing i need to rectify 10 others.

The entire site is made of actionscript 2 code and nothing much else. The codes so badly written that when i try to edit or add any more code for say (text effects/ transitions or PopUps) other things go wrong and ive been having to fix errors or start all over again a few times. Ive not been able to add these features at all and will add them at a later stage if you still want them because they in this case are too time consuming at present and will take alot of work to add because of how the template is written.

I have added the backgrounds.

I need the text files from you to update the remaining texts.

I had to download the fonts as not all the fonts were included with the template.

Take a look and point out anything you see.

the files are uploaded at ftp.mirazdesign.co.uk as i gave you before.

This is what it looks like right now http://www.mirazdesign.co.uk/senatustwo/index.html

You can view the original template at http://www.mirazdesign.co.uk/senatusone/index.html

to pretend hes working he sent me empty .rar files

and disappeared for days

[removed personal info] Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 9:29 PM
    To: [removed personal info]
    I didnt waste any time on this popUp effect coding. i started the coding got plenty of code intertwinging issues and then stopped and waited for the continue call from you.

Only place time was wasted was when i failed to follow instructions properly the on the second day. Apologies again for that.

> Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 21:40:18 -0400
    > From: [removed personal info]
    > To: [removed personal info]
    > Subject: Re: thx
    >
    > wait i said to not waste time on new coding leave that
    >
    > On 10/31/07, [removed personal info] wrote:
    > >
    > > I have to type up all the text into the xml file from the ppt i only did
    > > the THE NETWORK one first so could double check the text formatting with
    > > you.
    > >
    > > Other than that the popUp text instead of click through effect you wanted
    > > is still in coding because of how the original code was written made it much
    > > more difficult to do so that isnt on the file at the at all yet.
    > >
    > >
    > > The updating of the text wont take long at all. Im finishing it up right
    > > now.
    > >
    > > > Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 21:22:56 -0400
    > >
    > > > From: [removed personal info]
    > > > To: [removed personal info]
    > > > Subject: Re: thx
    > > >
    > > > ?? JJUST KEEP EVERYTHING THE SAME, FONT COLOR WHY IS DAT ALS DAT LEFT
    > > >
    > > > On 10/31/07, [removed personal info] wrote:
    > > > >
    > > > > have you seen the it yet?
    > > > >
    > > > > Should i change the text that comes up in the slide window when you
    > > click
    > > > > on the timeline link for The NETWORK or leave it?
    > > > >
    > > > > and should i keep on coding the mouseOver text popUps instead of using
    > > > > click throughs?
    > > > >
    > > > > > To: [removed personal info]
    > > > > > Subject: Re: thx
    > > > > > From: [removed personal info]
    > > > > > Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 23:32:49 +0000
    > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > > Cool,! Hopefully when i get home we hace grand unveiling!
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > > Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
    > > > > >
    > > > > > -----Original Message-----
    > > > > > From: [removed personal info]
    > > > > >
    > > > > > Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 22:54:16
    > > > > > To:[removed personal info]
    > > > > > Subject: RE: thx
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > > [removed personal info]
    > > > > [removed personal info] is
    > > the
    > > > > link to where the it is online right now
    > > > > >
    > > > > > [removed personal info]
    > > to
    > > > > download the files from the senatus folder
    > > > > >
    > > > > > Im sorry its taken this long and i admit i did make a mistake on the
    > > > > second and probably most crucial day but i assure you it wont happen
    > > again.
    > > > > As for the files i cant understand why first off i couldnt get into your
    > > ftp
    > > > > account then you couldnt open my rar files?
    > > > > >
    Last edited by RUSHVision; 11-16-2007 at 10:42 AM.

Ok, point made. People should know about this kind of thing, but let's not have this get any uglier than it already is.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

ok rush. i sucked it up until he used the site as publicity tool.

Interesting

Now Now ppl Every one knows that cafe townsend is adobes and TTs standard example file im not so dum as to show that. i was using that to show quick examples of what flex can be used for/as.

And yeah the site MR Body and FLash had me work on was done in AS2. As you can see Laim old AS2 aint very much apart of my agenda. I code mostly in AS3.

Along with this
    the .rar files were not empty at all you yourself admitted that it was a problem with your mac.

i gave you access to the server to make up for this so what else could i do send you a cd?

there was no need for this i havent done anything to offend anyone so i dont know why your being so cold hearted towards me i am a genuine person and if i cant do something i will tell it to you straight as i kept on saying whilst working with a badly coded as2 file.

BODY AND FLASH
    have you had it checked by another developer like i told you to? why dont you find out see if i am wrong or right before you pass your own judgements

I spent alot of hours working on your project BODY AND FLASH and i admit it took me a long time and even though it was a badly written code (all in one place with no classes) i wanted to make a good impression on you. Still no matter how hard i tried i couldnt do it. I can only appologies for this.

But i did admit it to you calling me a liar is out of order.

P.S

can anyone before they ask me to work on a project please make sure that they have atleast MSN messinger added for quick and prompt communication. Otherwise be able to contact me via phone.

Thank you

For my part I will say that much of this kind of confusion is based on perception. There are two sides to every story, and it's a rare person who won't put a positive spin on their part of the tale.

I would urge all parties involved (this includes anyone who seeks to contact shazad mirza for the purpose of hiring him for a project) to take all the available facts into account before making any judgements or decisions. The more I read what's been made available in this thread, the more I wonder where things went wrong and if perhaps blame was thrown a little too soon.

Either way, I hope you two are able to work this out.

shazad mirza ~
    Sorry I didn't notice sooner, but I've removed your personal information from what was posted in the threads above.

BodyandFlash ~
    Posting people's personal information can be a bannable offense. Please refrain from doing so in the future. Also keep in mind that while I sympathize with your frustration, I would ask that you please try to express it in an appropriate place and fashion.
    mrush

Rush, for all those complaints u never saw me coming here to mention a peep. but if someone lists my website as a reference its the same as personal information. Sure in itself its a bannable offence, but lets think deeper about the other folks who've also had their sites listed without permission. Just an intellectual exercise at this point in time. I was classy about it. I didnt need to have my hand forced. YA DIGG?

I did get it checked by 2 other folks who do know flash.

how should i put it...

they laughed in my face.

Also, Rush, you said "point made" and he continued to post 4 times. Communication or Perception error?
    Last edited by BodyandFlash; 11-16-2007 at 11:03 AM.

Ah, so you would rather he not be able to give his side of the story after you come here and call him a liar and a clown? I was speaking to you alone with that comment.

And speaking of perceptions...based solely on what can be read in this thread, I would rather work with him than with you. Even in the face of severe adversity he has spoken politely and with good intentions. All I'm getting from you on the other hand is a bunch of negativity.

Only you two know what really happened, I am only involved because you decided to bring it in here, where I am expected to enforce the rules and keep the peace. If you don't like me being involved then feel free to take it off the boards.
    mrush

Thank you ever so much RUSHVision for giving a out of the box view of this situation and appologies for it being bought upto here. Unfortunatley i hadnt been advised of BODYand FLASH's feelings towards this via email prior to being posted on here.

BODYand FLASH if there is any extra work i can do for you to make up for my mishap i am happy to do it free of charge.

Also the other grievance of the URL of your site that i have posted on here in the second post on this thread if RUSHVision would kindly remove that i would be very thankfull.

Good man. Consider me impressed with your conduct. I've removed the link per your request. Good luck with your future projects.
    mrush

Thank you RUSHVision

Maybe I am the one at fault for this thread going south. I was just saying I thought that shazad was taking credit for the component creation, at least that's what I got from how it was worded on his site. I just think ppl should give credit where credit is due even if a footnote.

So I must appologize to shazad, and give him props for stepping up.

Regards
    JamesLoacher

Empathy

Quote Originally Posted by shazad mirza
    I spent alot of hours working on your project BODY AND FLASH and i admit it took me a long time and even though it was a badly written code (all in one place with no classes) i wanted to make a good impression on you. Still no matter how hard i tried i couldnt do it. I can only appologies for this.

But i did admit it to you calling me a liar is out of order.
    I hate all those templates that are static and quickly done. Most of the ones I've seen were just blurted out for the current design without any thought about editing dynamically (rare use of functions, no classes, no external sources). The worse part is when code is all spread out on many movieclips and one change can destroy everything. It sucks that those things sell just because they look nice. I can imagine having no classes for a person who mostly uses AS3 would be akward since AS3 encourages classes.