A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Whatever happened to Mark Fennell

Stephen James

Whatever happened to Mark Fennell

Im just wondering what happened to Mark Fennell.... the guy who started this site. I worked with him years ago in adding hundreds of sound loops to the Flashkit.com site before it was bought out by internet.com

I was wondering if he still has any influence here still.

Steve

He's still around, but why do you want to know if he has any influence around here? Are you hoping for a favor, or something?
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Stephen James
    No.. not hoping for a favour. I just remember the good old days when Flash Kit was a thriving community and had a personal feel to it. I haven't been on here in ages but it seems like it has just lost its charm. I can remember when it started out, before all the advertising and slow loading pages. Just an observation.

I guess I just wondered if he had any control over how the site was run. I just remembered now in writing this that he has his own site, I supposed I could email him directly and find out.

BTW... you have me curious with your name. RUSHVision.. anything at all to do with the Canadian band Rush? I'm from their home town, Toronto Canada.

Cheers,

Stephen James Hutchinson

Nah, my name is Rush and my work is a product of my inner vision...hence RUSHVision. Not exactly the pinnacle of creative wordplay, but I needed something and it's served me well enough as a unique identifier over the years. The band Rush did have some rockin' tunes, though.

As for the site...sure, it's a little bigger than it used to be. This brings into play the smaller fish in a bigger pond effect in regard to each individual member, but there is still plenty of 'personal' floating around. Some spots aren't quite as active as they used to be, but there is still a good deal of thriving. Some of the players have changed, but there are also a number of people still around from the good ol' days. Mark Fennell for instance, just posted a couple of days ago in this thread.

As for the advertising, if you are running Firefox you can set up AdBlock Plus to block whatever you don't want to see. That should speed up your page loading somewhat.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Stephen James
    Thanks .. yeah I thought of it afterwards and got adblock this morning.. works wonders... Its good to know Mark is still around... kind of a feel good thing I guess... I had a lot of fun doing stuff for Flash Kit around 2000... I guess I miss the heyday a bit.... thanks for the update and cool name! I like it.

peace!

Steve

I see hardly any of the veterans from 2002 when I joined... there used to be tons of people in the sitecheck, coolsite, membersite forums all the time. Never personally talked to Mark... hm...
    Have a wonderful day!
    http://www.gpathmedia.com!