A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New version soon

New version soon

Version 4.9.7 is in the final stages of testing.

There should be a new release within days.

Some of the features worth looking forward to are the ability to animate whatever you want, whenever you want, without being tied down by movie scenes. Also, Flash 9 export is much more reliable in 4.9.7.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

Sounds good. Is this "whatever,whenever" still usable like earlier but without being "fixed" to certain scene/timeline?? With "usable" I mean still easy event based system.

Traditional events can still be used, but there are several new animation tools available.

At the script level, you can animate any property of any element using an instruction of the form …

new AnimateProperty (element, “property”, start, finish, duration, motion_modifier);

There are a number of motion modifiers available like “slow start”, “oscillate” “repeat” etc

At the action level, the AnimateProperty action has a nice interface to help you choose the options.

At the element level, there is an AnimateProperty element in which you can program a sequence of property changes. The sequence can be triggered at any time by any event.

There are other similar actions and elements for animating independently of the timeline. Not all of them will be available in the next release. For example, the Scene element, which lets you do anything a traditional scene can do, but independent of the movie timeline, is still under construction.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

Ahh, can't wait ^^

can' you upload a Beta, please
    sorry for my bad school English
    btw. visit my Page: projects.lewxx.de
    or lewxx.de (<= German)

How can i resist a face like that.

Testing is taking much longer than expected, mainly because each feature now needs to be tested for flash 8 export, flash 9 export, and for flex export.

One good thing about all this testing is that 3DFA is now more reliable than ever. However, nothing tests a piece of software better than a forum full of insatiable critics.

So therefore we will be releasing 4.9.6.9 today, even though there are still a few known bugs, and then we will release 4.9.7 in a few days time.

So please try 4.9.6.9 when it becomes available, and report any problems as soon as you find them.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

Sorry for the delay.

There is just one last critical test that 3DFA needs to pass before we can release a beta. And that test is Pacman. And it is not running properly at the moment.

Pacman is the ultimate backward compatibility test. It has been running unchanged for 5 years. If Pacman doesnt run then many older animations will not run either.

It may take another few hours, or it may take a day or two, but there can be no new releases, not even a beta release, without good old Pacman.
    Last edited by kusco; 11-12-2007 at 11:51 AM.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

Yay ... Pacman lives again !!!

Uploading in an hour or two.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

oh, sounds great!
    sorry for my bad school English
    btw. visit my Page: projects.lewxx.de
    or lewxx.de (<= German)