A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: slideshow error message

slideshow error message

I am getting this error message when I try to add any action to a slide in the slideshow:

saveUndo() is not a method of 'Null' on line 43 object.saveUndo ()

Is this nomal or am I missing something?
    I would like to add a transition effect between slides, is this possible?
    I am using the latest version.

Several people have reported the same error.

The actions feature in the Slideshow element has been temporarily removed in the next release. It seems to have clashed with the Flash 9 upgrade.

I would be interested to know how important our regular users consider this feature to be.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

This was the first time that I used the feature in several years. I think that it is important to be able to have transition effect in the slide show otherwise it just looks undone.

Is there another way to achive this with the latest version of the software?

This was the first time that I used the feature in several years. I think that it is important to be able to have transition effect in the slide show otherwise it just looks undone.

Is there another way to achieve this with the latest version of the software?

I would use this feature often and find it to be very useful and quick to make slide shows.
    PW Ihms

I have not found it useful as there is no transition effects.. so until it gets effects...

I use the slide show on a regular basis, and not only for slides. It's an easy way to change all of your background elements with one fell swoop, it's also an easy way to change between different(frame by frame) animations on the fly. I would consider it a pretty important feature.

However for actual slide shows I generally tend to make them in a child movie so I can have transition effects.

-J

The slide show element was always intended for easy switching between different collections of elements, rather than for actual animated slideshows. However, with the new animation features, there is plenty of room for the slideshow element to grow.

The element will be reviewed over the next few weeks to see where it can be improved, and to see if it is a possible candidate for open-sourcing.

All of the major elements are currently being reviewed to see where they can be improved.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)