A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: how to fade text and gif files

Hybrid View

hey-

in flash4, how do i have the text fade in and then fade away, followed by a fade in of a gif image?
    i know there is like a simple fade controller but i can't find it.

thanks!

-mib jam

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

No such thing as a fade control in flash. You have to make two keyframes both with the same object in it. Now you add a motion tween from the properties box. then you have to change the Tint or alpha state of the object in the first keyframe to make it fade in or in the second keyframe to fade out. Thats how its. done. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

thanks PdF.

but what about text? will text fade using the same way? i recall reading someplace that text first has to be changed into a non-text, non-editable format first.

-mib jam

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

No, it just needs to be an object or a symbol just like everything else. In fact if you make it curves instead of font outlines your file size is gona get real big. You can even fade text that is loaded from a variable. So dont break that text up or your files are gona get big. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.