A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash projector and audio cd

hey
    how would i go about putting a flash projector file when i am burning an audio cd. When the person puts the cd in there computer cdrom drive it would load up the swf, but when put in a stereo it would play the audio tracks.
    Does anyone know how to do this?
    i have tried before but failed.
    thanks and merry christmas or happy holidays.
    shawn

Very good idea and very easily done. This is called a CD Extra layout.
    First of all, purchase or download Adeptec Easy CD Creator, the industry standard for CD burning. (probably already have it!)

Next:

1. Open Easy CD Creator.

2. Open an CD Extra CD Layout

3. Insert a blank CD into your CD-Recorder (the destination drive).

4. Add the audio files you want to record to the audio section of the CD Extra Layout.

5. Add the data files you want to record to the data section of the CD Extra Layout (i.e. your Flash projector and autorun.inf file).

6. Click "Create CD". The CD Creation Setup box appears.

7. Click OK to start recording.

That should get you on your merry way. Works like a charm.

Regards,
    Jabez

thanks

hey-
    Yeah i tried doing that but i realized i do not have that option because i have the 3.5 version of easy CD creator. It came with my burner when i got it a year ago. I do have the shareware version of Nero however. Is there a way i could do it with nero or the old ezcdcreator? I really appreciate your responce. Thankyou.

Shawn

Yah choose a Mixed Mode CD in Nero..

I'm not sure if there are 1 or 2 formats for cd's concerning data and audio..

The first format I know for sure is used a lot.. (you can find it on many games) the 1st track is the data and then rest are CDDA audio (that's the mixed mode cd in nero)

So that means in a normal cd player all other tracks beside track 1 are audiable

The 2nd format may be called XA (or something like that)
    and it may allow you to place the audio starting at track 1 and then the last track is the data..

Either way Nero supports it and so should even Adaptec Easy Cd Creator.. read the help file (or manuel) a little more on Nero or Easy Cd Creator the information is there..
    [Edited by The Master on 12-28-2000 at 02:45 PM]