A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] Movie in preloader

[F8] Movie in preloader

Hi!
    Could anyone help me how could roll movie at the begining of flash site.
    Like, when someone finds my site(exp.: google), and clicks it should first play movie, which is long about 30 sec, and then load the flash site, i have used Gravity template from flash village, but i just dont know how to first run the movie clip, and then when the movie is over it should load index swf, or i put it index.swf . I would be very thankfull for your help

...dishing dimes on an .fla! pointguard's Avatar
    what?

do you want a preloader or are you asking how to play a separate .swf before your preloader?

In which case, DON'T!!! - you're more than liekly want another preloader for that movie...

can you be more specific as to what it is your after?

I did it

Hmm, i did like this, i create new main.fla file , imported video,upload it as swf and i changed index.html and replaced everything in code where nesesesary with main.swf, so it works now. But now i have another problem..in main.fla i added text button with link but the link just dont work, eve dow i add this code:

on (release) {
    getURL("http://www.mysite.com/index.swf", "_self");
    }

I really dont know where is the problem,hmm

i did a completly new swf file in which i imported video, but now i have another problem, the link just doesnt work, i write text, set it as Button and add it action:

on(release)
    {
    getURL("http://www.flash-here.com", "_blank");
    }

but it just doesnt want to work, does the text which is button needs to be dynamic?

in this link is then my flash site
    edit. omg,sry for so many replies

...dishing dimes on an .fla! pointguard's Avatar
    no, the text in your button doesn't need to be dynamic or anything...

That code should work (assuming you have written the address name correctly - you have 2 different URL's in your posts above?!?)

Anyhow...maybe try re-doing your button. The way I do it to create my buttons if I'm using text is to write your text, convert to a button (f8). Then double click your button to edit inside it. Under the hit state, draw a small rectangle to cover the size of you text. Then return to the main stage. When you test it you should be able to click the button anywhere inside the size of that rectangle (this should be hidden as its on the hit state), rather than clicking exactly on the letters.

If it's not that it may eb a corupt file, so start over...................your code should work fine (just make sure you URL address is correct)...

upload a .fla if it still doesn't work!
    Good Luck!

Jeff

the urls, was just examples,made new layer in which is just actionscript i fixed the problem by this tutorial