A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8]Image of a copied frame

Hybrid View

[F8]Image of a copied frame

I'm new to the magic. A new frame has appeared, within another frame, but not divided from it - as per the attachment.

My question is associated with my query at
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=750652

I would like to remove it and use it as a frame further along. But I can't find how it's done. Help, experts, please!
    Attached Images Attached Images

All newbs to the magic should read the Help files
    For your question, read -

Getting Started with Flash
    Flash Basics >
    Getting to know the workspace >
    Using frames and keyframes

Working with frames in the Timeline
    To delete or modify a frame or keyframe, do one of the following:
    read, read, read

A_modified_dog

We don't use forums for lectures. We come here for help. If I had time to wade through mountains of documents, why would I use a forum, why would any of us? (And I have been through many of the documents and don't find the answer there, by the by.)

I'm newly back to Flash. Years ago we learned that Flash was no help for SEO so like many developers, I gave it up. Now Flash has got so good, it can't be ignored.

But I'm desperately short on time - here I am working through the weekend. Forums give quick answers from experienced people happy to help. You're not being true to the ethic of forums, a_modified_dog, and nor to the principles of the net.

-_-
    On forums, there are also moderators. They are selected because of their genius ideas, and thinking. He is a moderator.

You mean you just want to cut the frame? Simply right-click and click cut, then click paste in the area you want it.

And btw, a_modified_dog gave some good advice. Look through the beginner help files. It will show you the basics.

Thanks, Adobemedia. Of course, one of the first things I tried was the right-click . I was trying it on the part of the timeline that has the numbers and the divisions. No right-click works there. Now, following your advice, I see that it works on the first layer.

Thanks very much for that.

As to the previous advice, I did look at some of those files. And I have bought three books on Flash8, and have not found (via the indexes) any advice on how to cut and paste frames.

In a simple sentence from you, Adobemedia, I have the answer. That's what forums are about, and I am very grateful. Many thanks.
    Last edited by zonkd; 11-18-2007 at 04:22 PM.

-_-
    As to the previous advice, I did look at some of those files. And I have bought three books on Flash8, and have not found (via the indexes) any advice on how to cut and paste frames.
    Interesting. Honestly, I never looked at the help files, and I learned the entire program without any help. I'm surprised they don't have something in there.

I take my hat off to you, Adobemedia. Wish it worked so naturally for me, but unfortunately it doesn't. And with this current job, I was let down by the man who should have been working on it, and I have to finish the job. (Apart from the pressure of time, I am finding it a joy to be back in Flash. But ... phew it's changed, and I find it difficult to find my way around.)

Sorry, didn't mean to infer that the books - Training from the Source, Brilliant Flash 8, and Flash 8 Accelerated - didn't have such basic info. It's that I couldn't find it in their index sections.

There's a fellow in Scotland whose father gave him the manual for Windows 3.1 when he was 4. He is an absolute natural with all windows programs, especially Access. Perhaps you started out similarly.

Anyway, most grateful for your guidance. Cheers

-_-
    Nope, I'm twelve now. I've been working with Flash since 2004. Back then, I used so many gradients you would have to wear sunglasses to look at the SWF.

Wonderful. Well, pretty amazing. I like your BTD work, by the by. Cheers and thanks.

You're not being true to the ethic of forums, a_modified_dog, and nor to the principles of the net.
    I must admit to being puzzled by your attitude problem.

Most people are happy to be given a direct link to information
    that clearly points to the root of their problem.

The link I pointed to in the Help Files takes 2 minutes to read,
    explains how to select, copy, paste, delete or modify a frame,
    and also explains how to modify the Timeline Span preferences
    for selection of single frames or multiple frames.

If you chose to ignore the fast-track via the Help Files, and wait
    in the slow lane of Forum answers, that is your problem, not mine.

I must be seeing things ... 'the slow lane of Forum answers...'

I asked the question, you sent me off to look up files, and in the meantime along came Adobemedia and answered the question. There was nothing slow about his answer.

Anyway, a_modified_dog, I have read quite a few of your replies to others and I know now that you do go to a lot of trouble for others and I respect you for that. I must have come along at the wrong moment.

I just wish you would pass on some of your knowledge with another problem I have posted.