A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [play] free kick duel

[play] free kick duel

This game has been around forever, but never released, and due to work, it probably won't be 100% done in a while, but even as it is now it's quite playable:

http://www.deusx.com/football/fkik.html

Zidane is your opponent, and he promises not to headbutt you if you win.
    First to score 3 goals wins ( you alternate ).

Respect...
    Amazing graphs.
    you´ve really worked in this game.

Game Player - Developer scheletro's Avatar
    Why never released?

Nice movie with the guy kicking

"I love to make them as I love to play them"

Why never released?
    It's supposed to be even better, just not enough time to add some of the things that were planned, and it ended up hanging around at about 90% done.

Thanks

That's what sequels are for. ;-)

Even God of War had plenty of ideas that didn't make it into #1, but then did in #2.

Best flash soccer goal shooting game I've played.

..Maybe I suck, but it was bloody hard.

Viza.

Very nice! Love the way the wall of players react when hit!

One suggestion, you may want to add an option to reduce the spectator effects for those with slower computers. As developers, we often have better systems than the end users, and options that help those with slower computers are a nice touch.

Maybe I suck, but it was bloody hard.
    It's a bit on the hard side, but watch your opponent shoot, see what works for him, and shouldn't take long to get good at it.

you may want to add an option to reduce the spectator effects for those with slower computers
    Did you notice any slowdown? Usually crowd animations would be paused as soon as the ball is kicked and all calculations start up, and stay still during the flight of the ball, but it's not in this game currently. I havent seen any slowdown, on low to medium ( around 1.5ghz ) speed machines. I'm sure on really old ones, 1ghz or slower it could be slowed down.

Very good work dude! I agree, this is definitely the best flash free kick game ever! The graphics are beautiful, the animation of the players kicking, the defensive line and goalie are great. It's especially neat, how the defensive line block. Also the crowd looks superb. Good work!

Did you notice any slowdown? Usually crowd animations would be paused as soon as the ball is kicked and all calculations start up, and stay still during the flight of the ball, but it's not in this game currently. I havent seen any slowdown, on low to medium ( around 1.5ghz ) speed machines. I'm sure on really old ones, 1ghz or slower it could be slowed down.
    I have older machines down to 533mhz for testing purposes (you would be amazed how many people still use sub 1ghz computers). Only on the 750 and down did I notice any slowdown. Great work!

...dishing dimes on an .fla! pointguard's Avatar
    Nice game Mike...you seem to be the king of those free kick style games...I like the quarter back one you've done!

I managed to score one free kick in this game (how crap am I?)...But Zindane didn't score any yet! - We'd both had about 10 goes each so far!

Nice graphics, runs a bit slow on my machine but thats because my machine's sloooooooooooooowww anyway!

Thanks.

It's a bit unusual that he missed 10 in a row, but anything is possible.
    There are certain rules AI ( Zidane will follow ), but there is enough randomness that he could just score 3 straight on fantastic kicks, or behave like he's had a bowl of linguine with bad clams the night before. Most of the time he should do well though.

A pretty easy thing to add ( reminded me, since you mentioned your experience ) and this was supposed to be in the finished version. Replays and ability to save your best goals and share with other people ( if they get bored or curious, they can just load goals saved by others into the game, and watch those ). Seems, people on the web, are into this sharing thing

Updated to include replays after each goal. You can also view saved goals from the practice menu ( first thing you see after clicking on play, on the left side you have load replay button, then you can load sample goals, in the future it can be enabled so people can submit their own goals, and best ones can be posted in some sort of hall of fame ).

If you find any bugs let me know. I do know of one. For some reason loading "the hole in the wall" replay sometimes hits the crossbar instead of going under it ( all of the variables load correctly, so not sure why although there are a couple of suspects ).

http://www.deusx.com/football/fkik.html