A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Making Credits with Premiere

Making Credits with Premiere

So I know I let you guys know that I was working on a video a little while ago. I ended up using Premiere, and it turned out well I think. I will post it on YouTube after the evaluation.

Right now I'm trying to work up the credits, and I want to do it like the old-school TV shows that would have video which would pause, show the name of the person, and then continue. I can't figure out how to keep the video on one frame for a long duration using Premiere.

Anyone know how to do that dizzle?

take a screen shot of the clip, save it and import it. Then add it to the time line. If you want the shot to stop for a few seconds, then take the screen shot, then cut the clip at the same spot and put the first part on the time line followed by the image and finally the last part of the original clip.

Thanks Hoss, that was my workaround, I was just wondering if there was a built-in capability to do it so that I don't have to tinker around with resizing the screenshot to make the change unperceptible.

Is there a speed or duration option?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I can change the speed of the clips, but it seems to apply to the clip as a whole. In any event, I will probably just do as Hoss suggested and do a screenshot. Will clearly take longer, but it may be worth it.

well if the credit roll is a separate video clip just cut it up and slow down the speed accordingly.

Just skimmed this after a 2 second google- http://www.videomaker.com/article/8381/ maybe it will help.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

If I remember correctly you should just be able to split the clip where you want that pause and stretch the duration of the split to as long as you need it to be. So if you split down to 1 frame it would be no movement. That should be the easiest/most efficient way to do it.

SAMedia Blog (general bs) :: jwinmedia (my music site)
    "Think of an advertisement where the product you're marketing is Jesus!"
    -From a work for hire ad

Hey Jwin.

I ended up just doing it the other way, but that was my first though. Unfortunately, from what I have seen of the program, when you stretch the clip, it reveals more of the reference clip rather than simply making the clip in question last longer.... if that makes sense.