dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [wip] PaperPool

FK founder & general loiterer Flashkit's Avatar
    Cimmerian: My latest games are in AS3 which pretty well means it has to be oop, that said Im still getting my head around it and im a pretty sloppy coder at the best of times.

Leechmaster: Its using the papervision engine and they keep optimising that which means I should get more pace as well.. this engine is also very un optimised its proof of concept stuff at the minute... then Ill try and tweak it more.

Squize: Its my job to give you a run for your money I might look into uridium too.... but prince of persia is yours.... actually the truth be told I have a long list of games to develop, all in varying states, but 3d pool kinda came out of nowhere... its the frigging AI thats scaring me.

programicks: The rolling of the balls correctly was very tricky indeed, but in papervision not too bad... if you ever go that way google rotateArbitraryAxis and that will help you know end in papervision. The problem with papervision at this point is that its lacking tutorials and good examples!
    Regards Mark Fennell - Flash Kit Founder, general loiterer
    -------------------------------
    I Hate Zombies - iPhone Game | markfennell.com

That's really cool! How did Yahoo Pool work? Just a sprite sheet loaded with lots of orientations? It was pure 2D as I recall.

FK founder & general loiterer Flashkit's Avatar
    yeah I looked at a 2d version but the trig is pretty heavy... so I figured Id let papervision take care of the trig for me

The other advantage of papervision is the ball cam and free vierw modes which are pretty cool
    Regards Mark Fennell - Flash Kit Founder, general loiterer
    -------------------------------
    I Hate Zombies - iPhone Game | markfennell.com

this is rad- well done.