A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: is Trillix Flash Decompiler the best .fla decompiler?

Threaded View

is Trillix Flash Decompiler the best .fla decompiler?

hi everyone,

one of my longtime clients is a non-profit organization that has 2 main websites, i've been working on those for the last 5 years.

they have just received a new mandate from the government: they will now need to update and maintain 6 already existing microsites, that offer public resources and information for teenagers on several topics of general interest.

those microsites got transfered to the main server now, and we will soon start to receive text updates for them and other various requests for modifications.

most of the microsites use Flash to various extents: some have Flash intros and menus, others have Flash-based Q&A games, etc.

all these sites were created by different design agencies through the years, and it looks like it will be very problematic to track down all the .fla source files that were used to create all this content.

to solve this issue, i've been reviewing several Flash Decompiling solutions and i will soon have to advise my client on the best one to buy for the job, as we move forward with these projects.

so far, i like Trillix Flash Decompiler; it looks like it has all the tools to correctly decompile .swf files into .flas, but i'm not sure that it works as advertised, because the demo doesn't decompile actionscript (it's a demo limitation).

i'd like to have feedback from anyone who has actually used Trillix Flash Decompiler: is it the best solution for decompiling .fla files? are there any show-stopping bugs in the app, etc? if there are such bugs, are there other / better software solutions you'd recommend for the job?

i want to avoid recommending a decompiling solution, paying for the software and then having to go back and say that it doesn't work properly.

thanks to everyone!
    Martin
    Last edited by macmarts; 11-23-2007 at 12:31 PM.