dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Arrested Developement

Official Vermont Photo Mod WannaBe_80z's Avatar

Arrested Developement

Anyone else watch it? I just got a hold of the Season One dvd and am finishing up disk 3/3. So far I am enjoying it.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

A truly funny and well-written show. An absolute shame it was taken off the air.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

I agree, I've gone through all 3 seasons and loved it.

I just finished watching all three seasons again last night. I love that show.

Aghh i thought it was the band.... BTW i saw the live a year ago...it was Ok

Quote Originally Posted by RUSHVision
    A truly funny and well-written show. An absolute shame it was taken off the air.
    Fox did their best to keep it on the air. Since Season 1 it never had the ratings it needed to get re-signed for another year. Fox kept it for 2 more seasons...it won awards, fans were ravenous, but they couldn't sell add time. At the end of the day, that always wins out.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Yeah, I remember the last episodes being peppered with pleas for fans to tell their friends about the show. Part of their reason for keeping it though, was probably so they could get enough episodes to sell it into syndication. I hear that 100 episodes is the magic number. I believe that was part of the reason they kept Enterprise on the air even after it dropped in the ratings.

Still a shame, though. There are a lot of great programs that simply don't get popular support. I guess mainstream America is more interested in watching Flava Flav try to find a date than they are in quality programming.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Peace - Just in Heaven koolbabs2000's Avatar
    Aghh i thought it was the band....

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind
    - The Mahatma.

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    I loved that show. I've watched all 3 seasons 3 times now and a few select episodes even more.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

All the shows I like get taken off the air. Arrested Development, Studio 60. I haven't gotten around to AD on DVD yet though.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.