A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flex abilities

damned...

flex abilities

I succesfully managed to create "text", "buttons" with action script classes and once I exported the movie to Flex or Flash9, they were visible in the .swf

But I try to add a grid or a list (I really want to use them) and my questions are:

Is it possible to add MXML commands to the 3DFA movie in order to be abble to display such components ?

Is it possible to add such components via a script ?

Do you have more sophisticated samples in order to view all the possibilities of the new version with Flash9, Flash8, Flex ?

Will that be possible with the next 3DFA open source component ?

Thanks

According to the plan, 3DFA should be ready to incorporate the Flex frameworks sometime within the next few months.

However, the first priority is to continue to develop our own set of classes that do similar things but can be exported to either Flash 8 or 9, rather than just Flash 9, like Flex does.

In a previous post i tried to explain that although the Flex classes are powerful, they are not an ideal solution. 3DFA's new open-source technology, when it is ready, will do the same thing, but with easy-to-use interfaces, smaller export sizes, and more export targets.

Over the next month or two, you should start to see plenty of new elements appearing, many of them based upon Flex and Flash components. I am expecting our regular users to start submitting their own new elements too.

For the moment though, there are still quite a few fundamentals to finish off. For example, the next release, due within a few days, implements the BitmapData class, the BitmapFilter classes, and the TextField class.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)