A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Alex Grey

Alex Grey

His work is so amazing I just have to share. He did a lot of art work for TOOL.

http://www.alexgrey.com/

"Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Been to his gallery/space several times. They have events there and a few weeks ago had a Tool tribute band play there all night. He's moving upstate somewhere soon and building a giant public garden and gallery.
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

someone needs to get him a site worth his work.

EDIT: sk8, do you know where he's moving to in NY?

I am going to his gallery next time I hit up NYC- which because of his gallery I want to go to sooner rather then later. I want to go on the night they are showing off the new TOOL work but that is the 21st and too short of a notice and super lack of funds . But I do want to go on a night he personally gives a tour and explains his work.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

i remember one of his books getting passed around as a trip toy back in the day.

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

oh yeah nords?

Did someone hit him over the head with an anatomy book or what?
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

If you read his bio he used to work as the person who prepared bodies for almost 10 years and was actually offered a job as an artist for medical books after people saw his work.

Quote Originally Posted by lefteyewilly
    someone needs to get him a site worth his work.

EDIT: sk8, do you know where he's moving to in NY?
    Not sure, just a bit north of NYC from what I remember being told. Within walking distance from a metro north station.

Wanabe - the tours are nice and he's an excellent and really friendly guy. I love watching him paint at his parties and have the urge to stop in this saturday.

Nords - they're still passed around the same now
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid