dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pretty cool multiplayer Pictionary game

I've played this game last night for an hour or so, which makes it pretty good I think.
    I first thought Imprisonedpride was being grumpy here about the cloning, but now I think he is absolutely right: Every detail (font colors, timer appearance, layout ,congratulations screen etc.) is copied from iSketch.
    He has done good job on the programming, no it's not the new linerider, please make it stand out in appearance from the other pictionaries.
    Last edited by walnoot; 12-07-2007 at 01:29 AM.

Sure, I would love to help you improve your word list, I'll write a large word list tonight and submit it to you.

Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauceofallevils
    Sure, I would love to help you improve your word list, I'll write a large word list tonight and submit it to you.
    You are the best!

I only ever have slight lag on some occasions when I type a message, but never to the degree that IP is describing it.
    As to it not being original, I don't really care about that, its a fun game and most my friends play it now i've spread it around on msn which is (to me) what multiplayer games are all about
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by tidenburg
    I only ever have slight lag on some occasions when I type a message, but never to the degree that IP is describing it.
    As to it not being original, I don't really care about that, its a fun game and most my friends play it now i've spread it around on msn which is (to me) what multiplayer games are all about
    As I said, its hosted in my private connection in Denmark, my host is pretty well peered in scandinavia but outside scandinavia the traffic might be routed via japan for all I know.

I am however happy that you like the game

Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by FPilla
    A few people have mentioned this so fare so I wend back to the developer and asked. He basically says that he wrote the game to be a better version if isketch.

His arguments for why its better are something along the lines of
    • Its in flash making more people able to play
    • Its less bandwidth heavy making more people able to play
    • He made it making him able to put it on the websites he like

The overall goal is to make the best of these kinds of games, so I am quite sure any feedback is highly appreciated

The problem is not that "it's just another pictionary game" to me. But that it's really identical in (visual) design to iSketch. Besides from the fact that shows a lack of creativity, I'm not quite sure what the makers of iSketch think when they see you making business with this.

Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by walnoot
    The problem is not that "it's just another pictionary game" to me. But that it's really identical in (visual) design to iSketch. Besides from the fact that shows a lack of creativity, I'm not quite sure what the makers of iSketch think when they see you making business with this.
    On that I do agree with you. And I also raised the same concern to Jón, its quite possible it will have a UI redesign quite soon

That's good to hear

nvm