A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No matter what...

Quote Originally Posted by robbmcaulay
    I think Dylan Moran lives near me, I saw him at 8.30 the other morning looking like a tramp with a big bag of grain and a whole wheel of cheese
    GOD! I love that man's accent.
    Go lick his scruffy hung-over face for me, Rob!

Wait... cheese?

Stoke: LOVE Jack Dee! He is so dry and mean, brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by yasunobu13
    You should see the british version with Clive Anderson. That was the best. Drew Carey's version is awful; they tried to make more about Carey than the improv.

And Drew Carey sucks at improv.
    i definitely agree with the brit version, it was superior. But i think the US version was hindered by Wayne Brady. Once they got him on, he was in every single sketch and, while funny, just became over saturated with him.

I think the one thing we can agree on though, which ever version you like...absolutely NONE of the women were funny at any point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by nordberg
    I feel this way about Napoleon Dynamite. It just doesn't make me laugh.
    i felt the same way until it was broadcast on TV. It gets much funnier the 3rd or 4th time around.

Quote Originally Posted by lefteyewilly
    I think the one thing we can agree on though, which ever version you like...absolutely NONE of the women were funny at any point in time.
    Especially Gregg.

I think the best team, naturally, was Colin and Ryan. They just had the working chemistry that allowed for the quick reaction time and the perfect development.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

Quote Originally Posted by ViRGo_RK
    I think the best team, naturally, was Colin and Ryan. They just had the working chemistry that allowed for the quick reaction time and the perfect development.
    Couldn't agree more to this. Unfortunately I've yet to see a Brit's version so count me naive.

Um, but I've seen Little Britain - and found it hilarious too.

Quote Originally Posted by lefteyewilly
    It's been so long since I've seen the UK version, but I want to say some of their women were funny. Proops had the occasional good show.

But the US version... Yeah, Wayne Brady was on far too much which then meant every other sketch was a song. Then the guest stars like Jerry Seinfeld would come one, with an obvious lack of improv experience. And did I mention how much I hated Drew Carey?

I never really liked any of the songs actually. I wouldn't mind Ryan and Colin doing sketches back to back though, those two rock.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    The Office - not funny. At all.

Ricky Gervais is a self-important douche, so far up himself that he can suck his own tonsils. Not to mention that why would anyone who works in an office come home and want to watch more of the spazzy antics that they just experienced for the last eight, nine hours.

Seinfeld - freakin' awesome, though yeah, Seinfeld himself is not the star of the show.

Friends - fun to watch even the reruns, as you can try and spot Jennifer Aniston's nipples.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Ive done a survey and 100% of people who still use the phrase freakin' awesome think that jokes about farts are the funiest thing they can think of.

Right now, the funniest thing I can think of is Ricky Gervais opening his big butt crack and farting in your face.

Now that's comedy.

Well enjoy your mental images of men with their trousers down. Glad it pleases you.

I don't need it mate, by the way have the scars healed yet?, its been 6 months since you had your personality bypass operation.

Spaced!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P7dileY9sY

I think they're doing a US version but I can't see it working to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke Laurie
    I don't need it mate, by the way have the scars healed yet?, its been 6 months since you had your personality bypass operation.
    As self-affirmation techniques go, I think you're onto a winner.

Keep trying and eventually you'll learn to make up for having a pencil dick.

Quote Originally Posted by hurricaneone
    I hear that once the lead breaks then that's it as it's too small to sharpen

Quote Originally Posted by hurricaneone
    As self-affirmation techniques go, I think you're onto a winner.

All these comments on arses and dicks, time to come out?

Wow, you are a snarky lot. Let's say we calm things down, be chummy.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

whenever my TV displays anything regarding Tim & Eric Awesome Show I take it outside & beat it's screen in. The only time I would force myself to sit thru that show is if they were shooting each other in the face with rocket launchers...that would be the only (mildly) "Awesome" (used extremely loosely) episode...They should also let that Saul of the Mole People in on the rockets to the face episode, too.
    I do like Seinfeld & Friends well enough, but don't like any other sitcoms - (Everybody Hates Raymond makes me want to commit random acts of genocide & or suicide) - The Office bores me to death. The only time that I appreciated Carrell's humor was on the Daily Show - 40-year old virgin was nearly too embarassing to watch, & the only part that made my mouth begin to twitch into a smile was the part about the donkey - which of course was not a line delivered by Carrell.

To me, there's something odd about comedy shows without laugh tracks, I'm not sure what it is, though...It's like the polar opposite of cartoons with laugh tracks - something just isn't right about that...

try switching over to Discovery, or NatGeo, or maybe just turn the set off...

One thing I find incredibly funny is Dane Cook...

Just my 2 pennies.
    1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino is a portal of Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by gotoAndCrash
    It's like the polar opposite of cartoons with laugh tracks - something just isn't right about that...
    Scooby Doo and the Flintstones had laugh tracks... and I find it totally acceptable.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

heh, Scooby & Flintstones were the 2 I had in mind - & I don't like either of those!
    but then again, I like a few cartoons that some people just don't think are funny at all, such as Space Ghost & Aqua Teen Hunger Force - to which friends of mine have said "That's so dumb!"
    In the end, I suppose it's all a matter of preference, but it makes me wonder - what do you think of Family Guy?
    1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino is a portal of Hell.