A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] Circular Menu chalange

[F8] Circular Menu chalange

Hey guys!

Ok, I bought this cool looking circular menu, a little similar to those carousel rotating menus out there. The problem is that the seller is not giving me the basic support I need in order to use it on a web project.

I won't mention names, but you might already know the guy or his website which I won't mention it either

Now I bought it at $8 bucks which is very affordable, but when I wasn't able to use it i asked for support and this guy ended up telling me that he has a full time job, had no time and that I should pay someone to help me. So I got pissed of course

THE MENU:
    http://www.callbox.com.mx/flashkit/circular_menu.htm

THE CHALLANGE:
    I am willing to share this menu to anyone proficient in AS, and I say proficient because it uses external AS files, XML, and other tweening effects in a library as AS files which are not necessary but it can be handy if you know how to use them.
    I just need 3 basic things modified. These are described in the URL I'm providing.

WHY AM I NOT ATTACHING THESE FILES HERE?
    Because like I said, there is an author of this menu, and charged me $8 usd and I don't wanna mess with copyrights issues or anything legal. So my disclaimer is that I'm sharing the source files of this menu to anyone who is willing to help me, just because the author is unwilling to.

So what do ya' think? are you a proficient in AS ?

Thanks to anyone interested and let me know if you're wanna give it a try, o.k.

Wink

Ok, just to make sure that I'm not in anyway being selfish what so ever, because this is the least place to be selfish, FK has helped me so much the in last 5 years, and I really want to share this.

I can provide the source files to anyone interested, just leave me a message here with your email and I'll send the .fla, .as and .xml files, ok.

Thanks again
    Last edited by Waltman; 12-12-2007 at 09:18 PM.

So I guess nobody cares unless I attach the source files right? , I don't blame you I wouldn't bother either he he

It has 2 huge external .as files which makes me wonder if it's well coded anyways.
    So I discarded this menu for my project, and I decided to try another carousel approach by Lee Brimelow at gotoandlearn.com.

So much for the $8 bucks I spent