dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: back at it

back at it

I suppose cs3 is completely different than cs2. or at least the actionscript is.

On my timeline I have a simple stop action on my top layer on various key frames. When I test my movie everything works fine. When I export my movie, the stop actions aren't recognized. I thought maybe it had to do with exporting "topdown" vs. "bottomup" but nothing seems to work.

Is there something I'm totally missing here?

can u post an example of this issue? This has been posted a few times lately on the forum and I wonder why... are you using actionscript3 or 2? (both are supported in cs3.
    Evolve Designs Interactive Media
    the natural selection

Here is a simple idea of how the actual file is. Thanks for your help
    Attached Files Attached Files

I just made a very simple file. simple motion tween and just a stop action at the end. I'm still getting the same results. (working fine in test movie-not working in export .swf). It's making me think I'm doing something wrong in the exporting, not sure what that could be everything is left for default.

sorry, i don't have experience with as3, only 2... anyone else willing to lend a hand?
    the natural selection

Thanks anyways. I'm going to keep at it. When I find a solution I'll post it back in this thread so everyone else can see.
    *side question*
    Is there a good reason why they changed the actionscript so much? I'm sure there is, I'm not much on the back in programming so I'm totally clueless. It just seems like they changed a couple of keep features that take getting some use to

as3 uses a totally new engine with way better usage of resources along with a wack of new functions. I'm not really sure why they changed the methods and function names so much, but I understand the new code style is more inline with other programing languages. Personally I find it quite a pain... just when I have a solid understanding of as2 everything changes soooo much! oh well... guess that's the way of the internets.
    the natural selection

I kinda feel the same way. I just starting being able to run around actionscript a little with no problem. now with the changes I'm not sure what to do.
    Thanks though

damn double post

Fast Update for anyone who's been keeping track. My problem wasn't with the action script at all, it was with my flash player! When I was previewing my exported movie it was opening in an older version of flash player.

Big thanks to rdoyle720 in the actionscript 3 section.