dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Snowboarding / xmass version

Snowboarding / xmass version

The holiday version of snowboarding game, without all the fluffy music, so you can enjoy the wind and woosh-woosh sounds.

http://www.deusx.com/snowboarding

To get the most out of it, remember where the cube powerups are ( 3 on the course ), they give you a lot more speed, and then learning how to pull off combo tricks. It's all mouse control, no key pressing nonsense.

I like it

Developer
    How you supposed to see whats directly in front of you...

I like it too ...

However, I think I found a bug. I didn't get how to make him go faster, so I went back to the main menu - but since the game had already loaded it just said "Loading 100%", without turning to play. Same happened if I reloaded, so I had to clear my cache to play.

Also, besides having santa right in front of you, it's a bit annoying having to go so close to the top of the screen to go faster. I actually went above the flash file and since I wanted to do rolls while in the air, I ended up clicking a link a the game went away

Also, besides having santa right in front of you, it's a bit annoying having to go so close to the top of the screen to go faster
    To reach top speed you only need to move cursor up to the middle of the window. He may accelerate slightly faster if you move it all the way up, but it's insignificant. Just find whatever is most comfortable.

As for him being right in front of you, it's a valid question, but it only takes moving about 15-20 pixels to the side to see everything. There were a bunch of versions with varying perspectives, in the end this one felt the best. Actually it's built in and could be added as a player adjustable thing.

If you stack and then direct him onto a jump, he gets back up and can even do tricks. You may want to fix that.

Viza.

If you stack and then direct him onto a jump, he gets back up and can even do tricks. You may want to fix that.
    It's supposed to be like that ( he's a fast recoverer )

It would slow things down to reset him somewhere farther away from the ramp, and he's already down, so might as well just get up and jump if he slides onto the ramp. It's not like he can do a big jump, there isn't much speed, so he is penalized anyway.

This is a good game MikeMD, great for the holiday season. It's a fun snowboarding game, I like it. The controls are nice, and the objectives are cool. I like the graphics you used, I can tell a lot of hard work went into them.

Game Player - Developer scheletro's Avatar
    Cool

But very difficult to see the objects approching in front of you

"I love to make them as I love to play them"

Thanks guys!

So visibilty seems to be the #1 complaint. Maybe I'll post an adjustable version, so people can raise the camera themselves and see over his head.