A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: What's the cost of a tutor?

What's the cost of a tutor?

I got CS3 5weeks ago. Right after that I bought a template, with the idea that working on the template would speed up the learning curve, sense I know nothing about html, programming, flash, etc.

I'm finding the the going to be extremely hard. And I may get 1 question answered after about 5 days of beating head against the wall.

My site is www.e-fishent.com. It is based on the templatemonster template 15531

What I need is someone I can send the FLA to, who can

1)Show/tell me how to get the pale square mask on the the intro page, and add a ripple effect based on the mouse movement.

2)How to access the scroll popup on the "design" page so that I can put infomation in it Like I did with the homepage scroll popup

3)How to code external sound .swf to turn off whenever I go from one menu page to the next. This is just for the main menu bar pages. ( need to know where to place the _mc container and what code

4)When I get to the contact page. I will need to know how to connect the information request to my e-mail address.

5) There are 3 buttons on the upper right. Search--Faq--Contacts.
    I can't seem to find how to acces them, to change their position etc.

The site is in AS2
    How much would help like this cost me.
    If you are well spoken of in this forum then I have no problem paying in advance via paypal
    Last edited by Tillthen; 12-21-2007 at 07:04 PM.

PM sent.

I did a little scouting and found that I mouse trailer water effect mask is impossible in flash

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tillthen
    I did a little scouting and found that I mouse trailer water effect mask is impossible in flash
    I don't know who told you that.

It's not easy, but it's not impossible. It would just require some fancy dynamic displacement maps.

Maybe it was a wrong asumption on my part. I saw a thread or two on a java example, that could not be easily duplicated in Flash, without some major work. Since I would be doing the work, trying to explain something like that to me would be impossible,lol!

I did see an example that made me think but it was in AS3. The mouse left varying size daisies, behind itself, and these slowly floated down and faded out.

Could these daisies be substituted by some type of mask? maybe

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    I'd have to see the effect personally to be able to tell you how it was done. Sorry.