A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [F8] Help website don't appear entirely on some computers!!!

[F8] Help website don't appear entirely on some computers!!!

Hi, I've upload this website few days ago, I've tried it on different computers. and in some of them the swf doesn't appear entirelly, actually the top of the swf does not appear....this is a problem because the buttons are located on the top.The swf is 900x650.

Is this something like a flash bug?

http://www.colorzest.com/bonito/index.html

help please!!

it's happening because the resolution of the user's monitor doesn't allow for thaat much space for your piece along with all the browser buttons etc. (you can test this by viewing the site on one of the computers with the problem and dragging the browser window so it's way larger than the screen) Try setting your flash dimensions to 100%x100%
    Evolve Designs Interactive Media
    the natural selection

wait, I mean that the swf does not appear entirelly AND that the IE scroller does not appear also.....does this has something to do with the "100%x100%" that you're talking about?

100%x100%

And if i set the site to 100% I would have problems with bigger screens, no?

Does someone could helps me?

Is there anybody out there?

Is there anybody out there?

If it doesnt apear on some PC's it might be becuase they are old and dont have flash. You should tell them to get MOzilla Firefox and view your site with that, it will automaticly tell them to install flash if they dont have it...so that they can view your site. If you set the height to 100% you wont have a problem on bigger screens, because no one has a reolution of like 4000, if they did then yea it would cause problems.

How big is your opening swf? I am still waiting for it to load.
    Click here to visit Scooter's World, the Chihuahua/Pekinese who thinks she is a Doberman, and has the soul of a true "artiste". Computer graphics, animation, logos, mascots (Vector work a specialty.).

did you click the big image when it first loads up?

Hi, thanks for your help, the swf is 4M it takes ome seconds to dowload depending on your connection. I tried it on many computers and it usually works, when the big image appear and you click on it the menu buttons must appear on top, it work on my computer and I hope it work on yours, but when I tried it in my uncle's compurter it just blocked on the big image and when I click on it the menu buttons didn't appear at all....so I was blocked..I don't know if it is because the site does not appear completely or because it block...

p.s: I was on IE and if I can see the big image it's because flash is installed.

what do u think?

hello..

Hi, I still need your help dudes!

You should use a preloader before the flash.

In there you can set the stage to automatically scale, and as with my previous question, on the javascript that you use to play the animation, you will load the preloader and if you set a width to a specific px count, and the height to a percentage then it will scale down for lower res' and not scale up for higher res'.

That will be especially nice, because you can set it to show how loaded the main flash is, so slow users can go get it on, or whatever while it is loading.
    Last edited by chewedtoothpick; 01-03-2008 at 12:56 PM.

Ok, I think that using a preloader is a good idea, but what If I just don't want to use a 100% scale stuff...shouldn't the website appear entirely anyway? the site is not setted to 100% right now, so I don't understand why some user have some problems...could you navigate through the site? Did you see it entirely?

they have problems because you aren't using percent. Your flash piece is bigger than their resolution allows so you can either remake your swf so it fits lower resolutions or use percentage, there really isn't another option.

It's just plain math the site won't appear entirely unless there's enough room to appear entirely. Not sure why you don't have scrollbars though... maybe something to do with the div tag or something?
    the natural selection

with the div tag? what's that?

trace("AKA: Biro Barna");
    ^ Funny.

| Windows MSN: birobarna [at] hotmail [dot] com | Skype: barna.biro |
    WebLog: http://blog.wisebisoft.com/ |
    | Software Developer / Flash & Flex Developer | Student ( Computer Science ) | Interested in: Sharing Knowledge |
    |
    Romanian Adobe Flash, Flex, AIR Forum: http://www.flashforum.ro/
    | By perseverance the snail reached the ark. |

I'm glad that at least someone is having fun with this

I'm quite sure it's something to do with the css being applied to the div (if you open the html page that houses your swf file in an editor you'll see that it's between div tags, in particular i think it's something to do with this bit of css code:

PHP Code:
    <style type="text/css"

#wrapper { width: 900px; height: 650px; position: absolute; left: 50%; top: 50%; margin: -325px 0 0 -450px; } 
    </style
    which seems to make sense this would center the swf within the html, but it also doens't concern itself with whether the swf is viewable.. you might want to google other methods of centering an swf on stage, the oldschool approach of a centered frame would not have this problem although im sure there's better approaches
    the natural selection

OK, I've made some changes....

I've made somes changes on the site and there are still some problems, please tell me how do you see it, here are the changes:

CHANGES:

1. I've use another index.html without centering the swf in order to isolate the problem.
    2. I've created a first swf that shows english and french option, when you click on any option the first swf is "replaced" by the french or english one.(same size),using this:

on (release) {
    _root.loadMovie("2.swf");
    }

3. On the "home" button I've put this:

on (release) {
    getURL("http://www.colorzest.com/bonito/index.html");
    }

So it goes back to fisrt swf with french and english option.

3. On the english one I've put a preload in order to see how does it work.

RESULTS:

The english preload never end...the swf is 2,3MB (too much?) and at the same time the fench on (without preload) works fine to me.

The "home" button does not work....why?

FILES:

Here's the first swf:

http://www.colorzest.com/files/intro.fla

Here's the english file (with preload)

http://www.colorzest.com/files/ingles2.fla

Could you have look on it please...

Here's the link to see it, please someone test it and help me!!!!

http://www.colorzest.com/bonito/index.html

It dont work, the preloader just goes round and round and round. And at the bottom of my browser is says 'Done' meaning its not loading anything more from the site.